Bluetooth Voice Dialing

kalack

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if voice dialing from a bluetooth device paired to a moto droid 2.1 will be available or if there is an app that will allow it?

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Nope. There has been other threads on this issue. What happen was; Nuance and Motorola could not reach an agreement on the software for that feature. Probably a $$$$ issue. There are no plans that I seen for this to be included in any update. I have the 2.1 now and no BT voice dial. Bummer. Could really use it. Although I keep my Droid in the car cradle while driving and when in Car Home mode I can touch the mic button and speak normally and, voila, it dials

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
agreed.. mega utter bull****.. and now blueant is going to remotely corner the market by forcing you to buy one of THEIR headsets using their BT software... MEH!

Mr Mayor

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
#%*#%*($^(*^@&^#!!!

There I said it, and this morning my phone updated, I thought YES? COULD THIS BE IT???

Nope.

I will continue to illegally use my phone while driving. Stupid voicedial recognizes MAYBE 25% of what I say..... I'm not a frikkin moron, I speak quite well having only known one language all my life, and granted, I'm from Jersey, but "I ain't got dat freekin accent, aight??"..

Seriously, this blows. I will call Verizon today after I calm down a little....
tease.gif

By the way, I didn't see a thread for last nights update, what did they do? (And where can I see the version???)

MM

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Nope. There has been other threads on this issue. What happen was; Nuance and Motorola could not reach an agreement on the software for that feature. Probably a $$$$ issue. There are no plans that I seen for this to be included in any update. I have the 2.1 now and no BT voice dial. Bummer. Could really use it. Although I keep my Droid in the car cradle while driving and when in Car Home mode I can touch the mic button and speak normally and, voila, it dials

I don't think that is the case. Google could not get the BT voice dialing to clearly recognize commands, so they disabled the feature in the code. It was disabled before Motorola ever got it, so Nuance had nothing to do with it.

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Could be. Just relaying what I read n the thread. At any rate, all the phones I had made by moto had voice dial. I live in Illinois and as of now we don't have the hands free law in the state but some communities in Illinois do. So I share the frustration of missing this feature.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca