How does Outlook work with Android Os?

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, coming from a BB with push mail, i was wondering how outlook looked/worked with the upcoming Droid phone. Thanks!:)

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
To use outlook with android you will have to download a google calander/outlook sync addon for outlook. You then have the options to sync manualy or when you make changes.

I don't think that works for contacts though, but i'm not sure on that. You will most likely have to export your contacts and load them into your google account.

The cool thing about this is you will never have to plug your phone into the computer, you will just get the updates pushed from your gmail account.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
What about tasks? Im a heavy calender and task, memo user. Love Pocket informant. Was using it with my Touch Pro 2 and also used it with my bb storm.

Taz

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Google calender will sync with outlooks.You can find that info under office help.For tasks Google.com/tasks from your android phone.Not sure about memo pad, Google has notebook not sure if it will work on mobile phone yet. Waiting to see what Android 2.0 has.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to change the subject but will the Droid be able to open word, excel, and PDF files? I don't need to edit them but I have to be able to open and read them.

mds3140090

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes it will you can download a free version of Doc to go and it will do what you need. If you get the paid version for only 14.99 for a limted time and it works just like office. This is a great buy. I paid tripple the amount for it on BB. You can find it in the market.

rjdriver

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I just tried VCorganizer this morning and it works great for under $5.00 coming from a BB this was just the ticket for what I was looking for I keep a ton of stuff on Outlook notes and the good part about this program is it is encrypted and no third party people have to see it like on gnotes

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I just recently switched from Exchange and just pointed all email addresses that I have from my domain to my gmail account.
I didn't like the fact that I managed 2 calendars.
So I just migrated everything to gmail. Not to mention gmail supports push.
the native email app for the Droid does not support push. Exchange however did, but I also understand that k-9 supports the push feature.

I am totally happy with the calendar and the tasks and the way that gmail handles everything.
The google docs is another cool feature as well. I have a lot of excel docs and word docs saved there and I can fully open them and edit them right from my phone.

lssanjose#AC

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if my Docs to Go license is transferable. I did pay a discounted rate for the BB version, but am afraid I'll have to pay again when the droid I bought from ebay comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca