Should I Upgrade?

Should I upgrade to the Droid from the original BlackBerry Storm?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nstark89

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I've got a bit of a dillema here.

I'm currently using a first-gen BlackBerry Storm, and I am overall satisfied with it. After all I've heard about the Droid, however, it seems as if it would eat my Storm alive. I'm going to be getting a bonus check next week, which would make it possible for me to buy the Droid on launch day at the off-contract price.

Should I go for it?

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Since you are happy with your storm and you will have to pay full price... why not wait and hear all the customer reviews.. I'm sure you'll hear a lot... plus I read somewhere that if you wait until black friday, thats when their prices are going to be the lowest and they'll be throwing out good deals left and right....

As for me... I'm eligible for my NE2 and I'm jumpin in.. Can't wait to get my hands on that Droid :D

nstark89

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Since you are happy with your storm and you will have to pay full price... why not wait and hear all the customer reviews.. I'm sure you'll hear a lot... plus I read somewhere that if you wait until black friday, thats when their prices are going to be the lowest and they'll be throwing out good deals left and right....

As for me... I'm eligible for my NE2 and I'm jumpin in.. Can't wait to get my hands on that Droid :D

I probably won't wait as long as Black Friday...that's usually when people end up killing other people over electronics :D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the hard numbers are that it will eat your storm for breakfast, and then snack on the storm 2 for brunch, (or linner depending on what it's doing for lunch)

all kidding aside, paying out of contract pricing really depends on how much you want the latest and greatest, how much you rely on the BIS (or BES) system of your blackberry, your general financial situation, and your concept of value.

personally, as much as i'm geeking out about the droid (and i am going to be at vzw bright and early come friday to get one) i don't know if i'd pay out of contract pricing for it. luckily, I have a friend at vzw who will hook me up with a 2yr price (i just have to resign, but whatever, i like verizon so i don't plan on leaving them in the foreseeable future anyways) and selling my tour will cover the cost of the droid and dock too most likely.

but that was my value equation which makes sense to me specifically.

hope that helped a little. :)

i agree with tdawgui though, you might want to wait for black friday if you're happy with what you have and aren't a huge gadget freak.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Personally with all the new devices in the Verizon pipeline I'd wait to see what's coming and for the reviews. Don't get sucked into the hype.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2