Anyone paying full retail?

foolie#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Had my Tour for 2 months, but I've been to psyched out by this device.
According to this post, the Droid will be retailing for 560. Just curious as to who else is making this move aside from myself!

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I tell ya... if you are going to pay full retail, then hold out until Black Friday if at all possible!

Rumor has it GREAT deals will be offered then...

kkwan77#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Had my Tour for 2 months, but I've been to psyched out by this device.
According to this post, the Droid will be retailing for 560. Just curious as to who else is making this move aside from myself!

I've read it was 599.99....sounds about right as the first Iphone retailed for that price back in the day.

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
We have 5 lines on our account, 2 of which are eligible for upgrade. I just got my Tour 3 months ago myself, but I'm a sucker for new devices. I've been with BB since Big Red released the Curve. I'm kinda bored with their OS as of now. So I think I may be using one of those 2 lines upgrade dates to get my Droid.

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I plan to buy mine on Craigslist. I'm thinking we'll see it for about 350-400. Just gotta be prompt to find it. The Storm 2 is 350'ish on CL right now.

Just call up Vzn and verify the ESN is kosher.

Nic Allen

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone figured out what the actual full retail price is? Ive read its 559, 599 and 749, and i just called my local best buy and they said they have no idea how much its going to be.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The Storm 2 is 350'ish on CL right now.

I'm thinking this is due to the BOGO deal they have going... If I were going storm2 I would get two and sell one on CL as well... but Droid won't have the BOGO deal (or at least we haven't heard about it yet) so I don't think you'll see that many popping up on CL.

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking this is due to the BOGO deal they have going... If I were going storm2 I would get two and sell one on CL as well... but Droid won't have the BOGO deal (or at least we haven't heard about it yet) so I don't think you'll see that many popping up on CL.

You're probably right, but it wont matter... I have an update.

I'm now able to get it under contract so I will be there bright and early Friday morning getting my hands on it before I head to class!

Jubz

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

For VZW's BOGO with Blackberries, doesn't the 2nd phone need to be activated and have a new 2-yr contract with them?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
For VZW's BOGO with Blackberries, doesn't the 2nd phone need to be activated and have a new 2-yr contract with them?

yea, but if you are getting it for free, even if you keep a new line, it's $10 a month for 2yrs, so $240 over time. generally new contract free smart phones can sell for anywhere between $350 - 450 depending on demand and supply. so you still can make a pretty good profit.

this works even better if you are already adding someone and extending your contract. you could keep the new phone for yourself, give your old phone to the person being added and then sell the second new phone.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just plan on using an upgrade on one of my lines. Was going to use it for the Storm 2 or the Droid, After the initial reviews of the Storm 2 decided to Give Storm 1 to Daughter and get the Droid.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'll be paying full retail. But I have the good fortune of being able to sell my Touch Pro 2 on eBay to offset the cost. I will probably end up paying a little less out of pocket than if I was renewing my contract and paying $199 for it on a 2 year.

Nic Allen

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'll be paying full retail. But I have the good fortune of being able to sell my Touch Pro 2 on eBay to offset the cost. I will probably end up paying a little less out of pocket than if I was renewing my contract and paying $199 for it on a 2 year.

Yeah, im doing the same thing with my blackberry tour. But ill probably be paying 250-300 out of pocket. Better than having to shell out the entire 559.99 though.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll prob end up paying full for it so I can return it if I need to. Hoping I don't need to, but I'm not willing to wait to "work out the kinks" if there are any. Doesn't look like there will be any from all the pos reviews.

R

Roy Aguilera

Its less expensive to just add a line and make your old line a basic phone line. 9.99 a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax