Music Controls on Lock Screen

CommonWisdom

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a way to get a widget or some sort of music controls on the lock screen? This is the one thing I have noticed on the iPhone and iPod touch that I wish I had on the Droid.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, you can always just disable the lock screen. there's an app called mylock in market to do this.

But, to answer your question.... No, I don't know of a way (I hardly ever use the stock music player, so I'm not very familiar with it)

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Download bTunes from the market.:D

That music player looks pretty nice, but I am not sure I want to pay 1.50 for a device to replicate the function of 2 already-present Free music players on my phone.

I know, i'm complaining over a measly dollar fifty. I am sure this is useful for a lot of people, I am just voicing my hesitations.

CommonWisdom

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
For whatever reason, I am resistant to using a third party music app. I view the music player as a core piece functionality of the OS and would just prefer one that is developed and maintained by the same people that maintain the OS. Obviously, there is still a lot of improvement that needs to be made to the standard music app, like a lock screen widget, but one thing I love about the standard player is the way it organizes my music by album artist. Even my old iPod had trouble with organizing by album artist, which was extremely annoying.