Multiple Messaging Threads For Some Contact

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Alright, I made a thread for this before but I just searched the whole forum and can't find it, it must have been erased or something, I have no idea.

Anyway, the first time I had this problem i thought I had fixed it by removing some extra info for this contact. Recently though, it's started happening again. I'll have one thread going and then I'll get a new text from my friend and it will start a whole new messaging thread even though like I said there's another in the list already. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or why it's been happening? It's only this one contact it does it for and I can't figure out why.

Thanks.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Try creating a new contact from the NEW SMS thread from your friend.

Go online on your computer, and MERGE the original contact with the NEW contact at gmail.

My daughter used to use a Palm Pixie, and when she switched to a Hero I had to do this to stop the exact same issue. Never did figure it out, but merging them fixed it.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean create a new contact? I tried to check all the options in the new thread but it just has the basics; call, view, add subject, attach, insert smiley, delete thread, and all threads. I don't see anything relating to creating a new contact.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
from the list of threads in the messaging app (not handcent or chomp)
long press on the NEW thread, you should get an option to create a contact

if you don't, our problems were way too different for any of this to work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12