2.1 Gallery Not Updating

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
In Android OS 2.1 (on Moto Droid), the Gallery does not automatically update for new pictures taken with the Camera. This has happened many times.

I have found that if I go through Astro, find the file and open it, then Gallery updates itself to show the new picture.

Anyone else having a problem with Gallery automatically updating itself?

This is a huge pain because Facebook and other programs look to the Gallery to find pictures.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i have had that issue also i normally review my pics afterwords and they show up instantly

Same here. I noticed they weren't showing up, so I just review them in the camera and hit done. I am rooted and ROM'd so I figured it was a problem with that .. but you are on stock 2.1?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No i haven been stock sense let's see Nov but I've been on 2.1 longer than most.
I should say I rooted the day the original root process was put out like that same day. But as long as I've had the .2.1 gallery ice had this issue

Last edited:

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I noticed they weren't showing up, so I just review them in the camera and hit done. I am rooted and ROM'd so I figured it was a problem with that .. but you are on stock 2.1?
Yes, I'm on stock Android 2.1; not rooted. I can look at the photos in the Camera application. But, as mentioned, other applications look to gallery when uploading photos, such as Facebook and Twidroid.

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I have been been experiencing thed same thing. It is frustrating when youtake a pic and can't find in the gallery.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem at first but if you close the gallery and go back into it, the new pictures are there. At least that's how it worked for me. It only happened once and now it updates fine everytime I take new pictures.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Having this same problem on my stock 2.1 Droid. I just found that if you go to Settings > Applications, filter for All Apps, select Gallery and then clear out Gallery's data, it will rebuild the gallery and your new pics will show up.

So, yet another clumsy fix for something that should just happen automatically.

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I experienced this today. I just went into the camera app via the camera button in the top corner of the gallery app, waited a second, then returned back to the gallery app by the back button, and it refreshed the camera folder. Hope this helps. True, it shouldn't be like this, but I'm sure there will be a fix in the near future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995