MLB on Droid

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I am confused (again). How can the iPhone play video to watch live baseball games on MLB.com, and my Droid can't? I thought that Flash was needed to do this. Can anyone explain this to me?

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure its a licensing thing. You can watch live tv on DROID, just not the major U.S. Networks. Live streaming tv is not flash as far as i know.

I do have the MLB At bat app and you can watch a condensed version of a game that already happened.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am confused (again). How can the iPhone play video to watch live baseball games on MLB.com, and my Droid can't? I thought that Flash was needed to do this. Can anyone explain this to me?

You could have gone to MLB.com to find out for yourself. From the MLB.com MLB At Bat FAQ page:

Why don't the BlackBerry and Android versions include Live Streaming for MLB.TV subscribers?

The BlackBerry and Android versions of the application do not currently support the Live MLB.TV streaming because these devices do not support the IETF HTTP live streaming specification for adaptive bit rate streaming that MLB.com uses to provide game video. As devices incorporate support, the feature sets will come into line.