Keyboard issues and Hard Resets

anon(3792)

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been having some trouble with my Motorola Droid and I'm not sure it's something I'm doing, or if there's an issue with the device.

The phone is locking up fairly frequently. Won't register a touch on the screen or hard keyboard. I've found if I don't power down the phone every night, I have these problems. Sometimes I have to power down 5-6 times a day. I came from the iPhone and they suggested a power down after every app install, not sure if that's relevant on this platform.

I also run into memory issues - lots of apps running in the background. When this happens, my virtual keyboard starts acting wonky. Typing words that aren't even close to what I'm trying to type (eg I'll type s and it will read j so I know it's not a mis-type). All the letters in the word will be completely mis-typed. It also repeats letters. I came from the iPhone and have been using a touch screen keyboard for 2 years. I type way better on it than the hardware keyboard which I have to resort to until I can power down the phone and back up again. I'm using a task killer and try not to use it too often, but if I don't I'm having to do power down multiple times per day or only use the hardware keyboard. I tried installing Better Keyboard to see if that would help but I have the same issue with it as I had with the stock keyboard.

Any help is appreciated. Not sure if I need to return the device, or if there's something I should be doing differently. Thanks!

anon(3792)

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
The device is only 6 weeks old. It's been this way since the beginning. I did a factory reset last night, same issues today. The only things I loaded back on are:

Google Voice
HelixLauncher
Better Keyboard
Hootsuite
NewsRob
DoggCatcher
Facebook
Yellowbook
Remember the Milk
3Banana
MyDay
Beautiful Widgets
Advanced Task Killer Lite
The Weather Channel

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
The device is only 6 weeks old. It's been this way since the beginning. I did a factory reset last night, same issues today. The only things I loaded back on are:

Google Voice
HelixLauncher
Better Keyboard
Hootsuite
NewsRob
DoggCatcher
Facebook
Yellowbook
Remember the Milk
3Banana
MyDay
Beautiful Widgets
Advanced Task Killer Lite
The Weather Channel

think i might have found your problem, think everyone here will agree ;)

anon(3792)

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Forget it, just searched for Task Killers and uninstalled mine. I already use Astro File Manager in case I need to manually close an app if it freezes. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams