How do i root my Motorola Electrify?

Brandon8901

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone i was just reading around on this fantastic sight very informative. I am new to android and my first just so happened to be the electrify which i absolutely love. I am a tinkerer at heart and love to be able to manipulate programs, software or just get things on games your not really supposed to get. :D Any ways i was looking for a root for the Electrify specifically as to not brick my phone a how to would be nice with info on how to root in general and how to un-root just in case it doesn't update automatically after rooted. Any and all info is much appreciated like i said i'm new to the android world and am very interested in getting my hands dirty.

Thank you for reading

Brandon Brooks

Motorola Electrify

Brandon8901

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the link... looking through all that it seams it is still going through a testing phase and not fully finished.... like i said im new to android and dont want to mess anything up :/

Brandon8901

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I seen an app thats kinda like cheat engine for comp games but for android apps such as manipulating money rep ect... just wanted to play with it said u had to be rooted tho.

dragontology

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
You definitely need root for any app that wants to mess with any app or restricted system areas. Cheat programs work by altering memory. For example Zelda 3 for Super NES, it keeps the number of arrows you have in memory. If your cheat program has that set to 1 (or anything higher) you will always have that many. Just remember if you're allowing an Android app to do that, you don'tknow what else it's changing. Tread carefully.

There is a newer root, I read it at TeamUSCellular.com, but it didn't originate from there. Probably XDA or RootzWiki. I forget. It involves you hooking your phone up to a computer and doing some command line work. (Android is based on Linux after all!) Then there's an error message that is normal. A factory reset gives root away but you lose everything.

If you're gonna root, I cannot recommend Titanium Backup enough. It's worth the $6 price of entry. It will back stuff up, remove junk you don't want, and restore backups. Imagine: you're rooted and you need warranty service. Titanium backup everything, factory reset, take your SD card, and send it off. When you get it back, root and restore. It'll be like you never left.

Oh, and Adfree because blocking ads even in apps is awesome.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

slaraut

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
New to this forum, nice place to hang out :D.

Rooted my electrify using method below (twice). Also have unrooted it once (uscell, not just a matter of hard resetting). Look on post 4.

Hope it helps.

http://androidforums.com/electrify-all-things-root/422893-i-got-root.html#post3341611

Sent from my NB7 with Tapatalk via Electrify

Last edited:

mlacourse

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It allows you to delete select U.S. Cellular apps. Not all of them. I am wondering did the link above work Ok?

Or would the photon link work the same? Or is there any special precautions?

slaraut

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Also I had heard to use the titanium backup? Does this work ok for most people?
I love titanium and it's helped me clean out my electrify, saved my bacon on an unroot/reroot, let's me freeze apps to figure out if I need then, etc.

On a side note box online storage is offering a free 50 gig upgrade to the cloud storage if you download before the 23rd. I mention this because titanium can backup to both dropbox and box's services. So in case of a total system failure your still good.
Sent from my NXM726HN using Tapatalk

jpilgram

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I have tried this five times now and it will not root for me,

I am on 2.3.5 though, am I missing something?

I'm also having this issue, it's not wanting to root my phone. I use root checker and the super user app to see if I have root access and nothing, tried this method 5 times already.