Moto E 2015 (or XT1526) flashing issues

Eric McElfresh

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
PS C:\Users\derrick\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk> fastboot flash recovery surnia_twrp_2860_v2-4.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'recovery' (11640 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.387s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.533s

This is the readout from my PowerShell when I try to flash the TWRP into my phone. The phone is recognized by windows, and shows as authorized under adb devices

When attempting to use the code to unlock my boot loader, I get this:
PS C:\Users\derrick\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk> fastboot oem unlock GNCSOIQHIJGJQNQXJPO5
(bootloader) Check 'Allow OEM Unlock' in Developer Options.
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.011s

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This is the readout from my PowerShell when I try to flash the TWRP into my phone. The phone is recognized by windows, and shows as authorized under adb devices

When attempting to use the code to unlock my boot loader, I get this:

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you using PowerShell or CMD. I know they seem the same but I have always used CMD to push via ADB.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, thanks, I feel like such an ***** now. I've rooted so many devices in the past, even with unofficial CM ROMS and had success, and I've never seen "allow OEM unlock" as a dev option.

View attachment 183328

Its a new addition, I think it came in 5.1, but don't hold me to that. I don't recall fussing with that setting when I first unlocked my Nexus 6 back in November when we were still at 5.0.2. Google's been sprinkling in some stuff to keep people from even flashing over stolen phones... this is one of those functions. Granted, the more you modify, the more you have to strip back some of those protections and if you don't know about them or forget, they can be a little bit of a pain.

No worries, glad it worked.

Al Shanu S

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Can't flash stock Rom on my XT1526 Sprint. Any solution?
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'boot' (32768 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.142s]
writing 'boot'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 1.760s