Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich

Default So I guess no one likes this guy

So I guess it's pretty clear that no one really likes this phone,since this sub section has been up for a while now. Is there anyone out there who intends to buy this?

I think the people this one is marketed to aren't the types to go on the internet to chat about phones

But when and if they have questions, we're ready!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

I think the Flipout is uglier, but this phone is pretty bad too, based on that video I saw. *shudder*
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich

That's true. I'm really not into mid-range phones, but this device is just a shame. If they hadn't put that ugly trackpad there, or placed a tiny optical one, they could of gotten the touchscreen up to 3.4 or 3.5 inches, maybe more, and this would of been a decent little mid-range QWERTY.

I'm, sadly enough, actually considering this as my entry into Android. Though I'm kind of getting the impression this wouldn't give me a very indication of what Android is all about.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by breakmedown View Post
    I'm, sadly enough, actually considering this as my entry into Android. Though I'm kind of getting the impression this wouldn't give me a very indication of what Android is all about.
    it wouldn't. if you are on at&t, i would recommend checking out the Captivate, as it is arguably the best Android device there is on the big orange. at&t has not been too kind to Android so far, but the Galaxy S series (which is what the Captivate falls under) is a fine lineup of phones, and will certainly give you a better sense of what android is all about.

there is nothing wrong with the mid/entry-level devices, but people who have used other smartphones in the past should not have much issue jumping in on a high-end device

my mom has this phone and loves it, my captivate PWNS it though
    t3

I just got my Flipside. First android device. I have a Crackberry for work and HATE it.
    Criteria for the folks at ATT was No Crackberry, No Windows, Need keyboard.

I am happy so far. Trying to figure out how to hide/disable/remove all the pay apps
    that ATT puts on that clutter up the screen.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by t3 View Post
    I just got my Flipside. First android device. I have a Crackberry for work and HATE it.
    Criteria for the folks at ATT was No Crackberry, No Windows, Need keyboard.

I am happy so far. Trying to figure out how to hide/disable/remove all the pay apps
    that ATT puts on that clutter up the screen.
    cant remove them from the app drawer without rooting, which is unlikely to happen for this device. if there is any shortcuts on your homescreens that you dont want, you can remove them. if this is your first android phone, i would highly recommend checking out the article in my signature

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'm gonna be getting this Phone myself, it's small and handy for my needs

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I was looking at this one a bit, but it was so new that there weren’t any reviews on it yet and the guy at the ATT store pretty much panned it, so I went with the Aria, which I’m very happy with and had been out for awhile so I knew what I was getting.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I got the Flipside as a backup phone and a way to check out Android. At the time I got it, I was still stuck on the idea of having a physical keyboard. I'm an Android convert now and no longer stuck on the need for a physical keyboard. An Atrix is in the plans for the main phone replacement.

I have had this phone a couple of months, and I actually like it (now). The biggest issues are the low storage (combined with the inability to use the SD card for much), and all the pre-loaded apps that can't be removed.

For me, it was between this and the iPhone, but the physical keyboard was the real selling point for this.

I also had some battery issues for a while, where I could only get 5-6 hours out of a charge during normal use. I fixed that by getting rid of all the social networking widgets, and installing LauncherPro as the interface to replace the built-in one. This set-up also provides much better performance from the phone than I was getting before.

Another tip if you have this phone: Do NOT use the "auto-end" list in the Task Manager app. It will absolutely kill the battery, and it seems to me it was causing some of the slowness on the phone when I tried using it.