camera button

Gadwall

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi am I the only person being driven mad by the camera on this phone. I have downloaded both a button disabled app and an overall camera disable app but the phone will still go to the camera randomly . it seems it tries to get to the camera when turning the screen on and off.

Does anyone know how I can stop this as I love this phone in every respect bar this??

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds buggy. Does the Razr i have a dedicated camera button? Since it's supposed to be relatively similar to the Razr, I'm assuming it doesn't (I have a Razr Maxx). So you're saying that when you press the power button to turn the screen on and off, the camera often opens?

Try going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting Camera, and Force Stopping it.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The RAZR i does have a dedicated camera button on the bottom of the right hand side. Are you pressing it by accident? I know that sounds stupid but the button is flush with the side of the phone - I have pressed it before because I put my finger over the wrong place. Which hand you hold the phone in does make a difference as to how easy it is to press it. As for the apps they might only work on some phones and versions of Android.

Posted via Android Central App

Motogameruk

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This might be a bit of a late post but you can turn off the quick camera action. It enables you to access the camera while the screen is off. If you turn off the option the button will only work when the screen is on :)

Happy owner of a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non