Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Triumph Battery won't charge when the phone is on

I got the triumph and am having a problem with charging the battery.. When the phone is off, it seems there is no problem charging the phone. When the phone is on, the charger is connected to the phone, the battery indicator on the upper right does not change (usually this change showing the plug picture when connected to the charger), and when I check in the setting -> status, it says "not charging". Does anyone have the same issue? Anyway to fix? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Triumph Battery won't charge when the phone is on

Are you using the USB cable provided with the Triumph? I tried using the USB cable I used for my Optimus V and it doesn't work, but the cable included does.

From what your saying there it sounds like a problem with the phone internal charging circuit. IE a defective phone.

So far mine will charge using my wall adapter at home, but not my car adapter (with phone off yes, with phone on no). The USB cables are different so I don't know if it's the cable or the adapter. My Optimus V works fine with both.

I haven't tried the included cable in the car yet, but if the cable makes a difference doesn't that take the "U" (universal) out of USB??

I have the exact same problem. charges when turned off but not when turned on

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ath3nos CM7

Universal means its used around the globe, when they reviewed the phone they said you have to use the cables it came with

Sent from my Optimus V

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I haven't even open my official charger yet. I plugged it into a BlackBerry cable on a generic USB car charger, a Nook cable on my laptop and my old Optimus V charger on an outlet. All of them worked fine and the phone was on the entire time.

I just bought one on the cheap. It's the USB cord. My generic one didn't work, no USB tho. The 1 I had in the car USB charger did. Go figure.

But it's charging.

Yeah.