Netflix flickering issues anyone?

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing flickering when watching videos on the netflix app. Thankfully, there's no green bar on top, but there is this incessant flickering that occurs once every few seconds, just seeing if its just my phone or not.

I've tested a few avi videos with moboplayer, and there doesn't seem to be any flickering issues there.

SOLVED: Download the netflix 1.3 app, and it plays great, nice and smooth with no flickering issues!

Last edited:

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing flickering when watching videos on the netflix app. Thankfully, there's no green bar on top, but there is this incessant flickering that occurs once every few seconds, just seeing if its just my phone or not.

I've tested a few avi videos with moboplayer, and there doesn't seem to be any flickering issues there.

Yeah, its flickering for me too. Once when I closed the app my phone did a soft reboot which was pretty annoying.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive had that about twice when waking the phone up from sleep.

Good to know others are having the netflix flickering issue to, it makes it more likely its a software issue and not a hardware one. But sportsinger75, I've seen a video of the screen flickering when turning on the phone, that doesn't look good! Maybe an exchange or refund?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe... I just hate going in for refunds because it's always so awkward! Lol. I saw a video on youtube of a guy with issues with flickering but I had assumed that it was because of the fact that he had rooted his.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So now whenever I wake up my phone, I get a stupid flicker basically every time...its extremely annoying...anyone else seeing this? That and sometimes even if I don't get the flicker my screen seems to take about a second to turn on. I've tried doing a factory reset but no dice. Any ideas? I might have to take it back, which would be incredibly inconvenient and annoying...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So now whenever I wake up my phone, I get a stupid flicker basically every time...its extremely annoying...anyone else seeing this? That and sometimes even if I don't get the flicker my screen seems to take about a second to turn on. I've tried doing a factory reset but no dice. Any ideas? I might have to take it back, which would be incredibly inconvenient and annoying...

I don't have this issue, but have seen some youtube vids of it, it looks bad! So maybe you'll need to get an exchange, but its not like you need to do so immediately. Or, if it doesn't bug you that much, just keep it.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
True. Its really weird, because it almost seems like the flickering isn't the same each time...maybe ill make a video showing what I mean cause its hard to explain...

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
About how long does it take for you guys to have your lock screen pop up after waking up the phone from sleep? Just curious, because there's probably a one second pause for me from when I hit the power button. The capacitive buttons turn on first every time.

bludd

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
netflix 1.3 seems to be working well. i'm not getting flickering after a few minutes of Iron Man 2 which I got immediately with the older version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers