Front Facing Camera

Phaise

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone figured out a way to use the front facing camera??

I feel stupid but I cant find a way to take a picture with it, Fring just uses the back camera, and the apk for skype wont even load to see if it works

Just wondering if Im just missing something or there really is no way right now to use the front facing camera (w/o rooting)

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone figured out a way to use the front facing camera??

I feel stupid but I cant find a way to take a picture with it, Fring just uses the back camera, and the apk for skype wont even load to see if it works

Just wondering if Im just missing something or there really is no way right now to use the front facing camera (w/o rooting)
Sure, just use the stock picture app. There is an option there to use the front facing camera.

dammitman

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
In the Camera app, just press the menu button and the settings icon on the screen, and you can switch to front facing camera from the options.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Phaise

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I go to the stock camera app, I tap the menu button and i get the options to switch to video or to go to gallery, that's it.

Its not activated yet but I don't think it should matter

I dont see anything about using the front facing camera

Phaise

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Btw the kernel I'm running is: Apps_2.6.32.9-perf

So maybe its an early build, I can't seem to search for a system update it just force closes so maybe :-(

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Btw the kernel I'm running is: Apps_2.6.32.9-perf

So maybe its an early build, I can't seem to search for a system update it just force closes so maybe :-(

Don't use the menu button, there is a grey settings icon on the right that you click for settings...

dammitman

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected. Yes, indeed the settings button is on the screen, as stated above. You can switch to the FFC from there.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

joe87

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My front facing camera doesn't work. Whenever I switch to the front facing camera, it will freeze within seconds, and then it will give me this message " camera has stopped unexpectedly,need to restart." I probably will be getting an exchange tomorrow; I hope they have it instock.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My front facing camera doesn't work. Whenever I switch to the front facing camera, it will freeze within seconds, and then it will give me this message " camera has stopped unexpectedly,need to restart." I probably will be getting an exchange tomorrow; I hope they have it instock.

Let us know how your exchange goes.

Sent from my VM670

joe87

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was at work yesterday and for some reason the front facing camera was working and no freezes. Right when I got home, it froze again. Tried it in another room of my house and the camera works. Now I'm thinking that it might be the lighting conditions I was in that makes the front facing camera not work because even when I'm outside it freezes. Now at the end of the day when I try to open my camera app, it won't open...
Maybe it's the software and not the hardware. I also removed the 2nd screen protector just to make sure it wasn't messing with the ffc but it still freezes, but still in other areas of my house it works...

madhura911

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was at work yesterday and for some reason the front facing camera was working and no freezes. Right when I got home, it froze again. Tried it in another room of my house and the camera works. Now I'm thinking that it might be the lighting conditions I was in that makes the front facing camera not work because even when I'm outside it freezes. Now at the end of the day when I try to open my camera app, it won't open...
Maybe it's the software and not the hardware. I also removed the 2nd screen protector just to make sure it wasn't messing with the ffc but it still freezes, but still in other areas of my house it works...

I m facing d same problem nw wid ma sony erricson xperia neo :-(
Did ua problm got solved??
I hav instald go launcher on ma phone
Does it hav nethin to do wid dis problem
Plz help

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried taking a screenshot but it doesn't show that sort of deal up in the S-shot. D:<

Anyway hold the phone in portrait mode, click the item above the shutter button with the little mountainous looking range. the option is in there.

I use it as a mirror of sorts all the time. ^///^;"