Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theboundless
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default UBS Tether works!!!

I know a big deal has been made about the T's wifi tether not working, or only working a few websites like google ones. But thankfully USB tethering works perfectly for all webpages! The version I use is easy tether, it costs some money, but I've always preferred USB tethering to wifi tethering. Having multiple radios on at the time on your phone drains battery like crazy, with USB tethering the phone is getting charged at the same time, and you can turn off your computer's wifi. That way, both your laptop and phone last longer than if you used wifi tether. Anyways, good news for us!

Default Re: UBS Tether works!!!

That's great news. Thanks for sharing... now I have to go pick up a Triumph. It's nice to be able to review this stuff to make the train ride shorter... sent from my HP 8540w tethered to O.

Thats great! What app are you using for USB tethering?
    Alex Arena

Need to get in touch?
    Text me! 484-693-0787
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by alexarena View Post
    Thats great! What app are you using for USB tethering?
    I use easy tether. It is a paid app, but I think its worth it. I believe it has a free version, as well as Pdanet.
    Thanked by:
    madxvid likes this.

Hello.

I downloaded the app to the phone and my computer but, I'm having issues with getting the client to recognize the phone.

I get this when I right click on the windows task bar: "No devices to connect"

Did you install any drivers in the computer?, if so could you please provide me with the address to get it?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by theboundless View Post
    I know a big deal has been made about the T's wifi tether not working, or only working a few websites like google ones. But thankfully USB tethering works perfectly for all webpages! The version I use is easy tether, it costs some money, but I've always preferred USB tethering to wifi tethering. Having multiple radios on at the time on your phone drains battery like crazy, with USB tethering the phone is getting charged at the same time, and you can turn off your computer's wifi. That way, both your laptop and phone last longer than if you used wifi tether. Anyways, good news for us!

I was wondering if you could please help me tether my triumph to my pc, ive been trying to get it to work for quite some time now, and i need help

Get easy tether from app store and run it and it will download the PC software and turn it on I use clockwork mod tether but you have to be rooted and cwm which is really easy

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

I had this SAME problem with my triumph. Follow all of the steps from the below thread to fix it:

Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Android Central Forums