1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook Contact Picute Issue

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem:
    Facebook links pictures to my contacts, but those pictures will not show up in the messaging app.
    I have tried literally everything to get them to show up, and none of the suggestions I found via google have worked for me. I read that this has been dissabled by android because of some nonsense between them and facebook, but I find that hard to believe, so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Facebook Contact Picute Issue

Excuse my typo in the title... lol

Quote Originally Posted by BadAngel View Post
    Facebook links pictures to my contacts, but those pictures will not show up in the messaging app.
    I have tried literally everything to get them to show up, and none of the suggestions I found via google have worked for me. I read that this has been dissabled by android because of some nonsense between them and facebook, but I find that hard to believe, so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem.
    It can't be an issue with Android & Facebook, my old Thunderbolt would display the Facebook linked pics in the Messaging pics.

Must be something with Motorola...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea my OV had no issues with this either... Its really annoying actually...

Quote Originally Posted by BadAngel View Post
    This app might help since I had a similar issue with my OV where not all of my contacts had a picture. The app actually did work for me but who knows if it will work with the MT. Here is the app market link for ya.

this is a guide on how to use it I found it handy let me know if this works for ya..

Fastis

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

same problem. im wondering if this affects all phones or not. anybody been able to fix this?

i used to have this problem, it would only sync images from my contacts that that had pictures on google, but not on facebook. i used that syncmypix app for a while, but that app crops the contact pictures and it just looks terrible.

i however got it to work when i decided to use a new messaging app. GO SMS is what it's called and it has its own profile picture syncing option, and syncs perfectly and the messaging app even works better.

so i recommend using that. this is not a motorola problem, it's something with virgin mobile's 2.2 android build, because i had the same problem on my intercept.
    Thanked by:
    nzahb1