how do you like your Triumph?

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Brilliant Phone to me 2 cameras, strong and big the only problem i have is the screen sometimes freezes and i have to lock/unlock it probably cause i need to free some memory on my sdcard im probably the only one that have this problem

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I like it a lot. There are many posts about its faults, but they seem semi-sporadic and don't affect 100% of the phones. Some touch screens get unresponsive (mine works pretty good), some people have problems with screen flicker or white fade (my screen looks fine and is very bright! I keep it at 30% inside), some have issues with the gps receiver (mine locks in, but takes 1-2 minutes...but once locked in it works fine!), some people complain about the camera (I think it takes really nice pictures - for a phone), some people say battery life is horrific (I've been unplugged for 13 hours and still have 68% left - pretty good if I may say so)

When you get it, just be sure to test everything thoroughly. If you get it from Best Buy I believe they have a 30 day return policy, so just test everything and exchange it if you have problems.

enjoy!

mustang229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I like it a lot. There are many posts about its faults, but they seem semi-sporadic and don't affect 100% of the phones. Some touch screens get unresponsive (mine works pretty good), some people have problems with screen flicker or white fade (my screen looks fine and is very bright! I keep it at 30% inside), some have issues with the gps receiver (mine locks in, but takes 1-2 minutes...but once locked in it works fine!), some people complain about the camera (I think it takes really nice pictures - for a phone), some people say battery life is horrific (I've been unplugged for 13 hours and still have 68% left - pretty good if I may say so)

When you get it, just be sure to test everything thoroughly. If you get it from Best Buy I believe they have a 30 day return policy, so just test everything and exchange it if you have problems.

enjoy!

Thanks! and yeah i plan on going to Best Buy tomorrow for it as soon as i get paid lol hope mine dont have any problems. But what should i test just like the GPS n stuff like that?

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I ditched my VZ plan on the Thunderbolt for this phone & Ive gotta say, it can do just about everything my Tbolt could do. Ive it hooked into WiFi at home and work and its blazing fast browing the web. Oh and there are occasional freezing or lagging issues but ALL phone do that, I dunno how many times I had to lock/unlock my Tbolt! I actually like this styling over the HTCs for some weird reason, it reminds me of a cross between my old Droid 1 & a Droid X but alot more snappier.

I say dont hesitate this phone is as fast as any single core processor phones on the market & compared to what most phone prices are w/o a contract, this phone is a bargain! Enjoy!

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

ThunderFan

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I like it. It is exactly what I expected from the phone. New it wouldn't be up there in speed and responsiveness with the dual core phones out on the big boy carriers but I think it holds its own and provides a solid phone for on the go and I have my tablet for any heavy tasks.

Only two things I am disappointed with and only one has to do with the actual phone.

Camera is pretty blah bad. Feel like the original iPhone my GF uses takes better pictures than the 5 MP camera on the phone does. That is a major disappointment to me but whatever.

Virgin mobile coverage is the suck here and I live in a major US city. I knew going in to not expect anything majorly good but thought I would at least get decent voice coverage in my area. If I didn't get great 3g coverage I would understand and be able to deal with that but to get spotty voice coverage is a major disappointment, but hey that's what you get when you pay $25-$35 a month so not going to complain to much. Maybe it will get better.

anon(24109)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm liking it so far. Nice upgrade from the Optimus V. I've haven't experienced any of the issues people are having. The screen doesn't seem quite as responsive as the Optimus at times, but nothing on the level others are complaining about. The screen responsiveness is still better than the Nexus One.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Exchanging mine, GPS barely works, Wifi won't connect or stay connected, yellowish tint when taking pics, and screen/buttons become unresponsive. Hopefully my replacement will fix my issues, pretty sure I got a lemon...

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
That seems to be an issue with basically every triumph out there, especially an unresponsive screen.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Manicor

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I always do is a factory reset (vol up + vol down + power, and select factory reset) this changed my market.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying the phone. I'm on my second one because the screen was extremely buggy on the first, but this one seems to be much better so far. Either way, I got insurance on it in case it stops working later. You all have to remember, this is a fairly high end device for a cheap carrier. You really can't go wrong.

Sent from my Moto Triumph

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I started to try and take it off, but because it was so difficult, I gave up because I started to think that its not meant to be removed...lol

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I started to try and take it off, but because it was so difficult, I gave up because I started to think that its not meant to be removed...lol

lol...i had to get my girlfriend to use her fingernails. but it's a really thick protector and it's soooooo much better without it. the actual screen is gorilla glass so its really not that easy to scratch either.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
lol...i had to get my girlfriend to use her fingernails. but it's a really thick protector and it's soooooo much better without it. the actual screen is gorilla glass so its really not that easy to scratch either.

Id probably use an invisible shield instead anyways, lol. One question still unanswered, why'd they put it on there in the first place? I don't think I've seen any other android handset come with a thing screen protector basically glued on...lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad