Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mmmark111
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

Default ? About Recovery backups

Instead of making a new post i figured ill just edit i i already have.
    Does anybody know how to covert .imgs into .zip or another file that use zip to open OR DO anybody know how to open a .img?

Default Re: ? About Extracting Boot/Recovery image

Quote Originally Posted by staticmaal View Post
    Does anybody know how to extract the boot and recovery image? I searched google for it but i cant find it i searched for how to extract boot.img motorola android i got this [Q] Boot.img - xda-developers but that didnt work. Or do yall think that i should leave this alone and wait for a real developer to work on this?
    Here you go! Boot.img and Recovery.img
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ROMTools 2.3.1 - For when ADB commands have got you down.
    RodimusROM - For your Optimus V
    Donate a box of Ramen to a broke college student
    Thanked by:
    staticmaal likes this.

thanks. i think i bricked my phone already. phone keeps rebooting. any help

Quote Originally Posted by wewe3 View Post
    I got a boot loop on mine too when doing my first prl update I was able to fix it by removing the battery, make sure the usb is unplugged, put the battery back in and boot into recovery by pressing power and both volume buttons all together, once in recovery press the home button to see the menu then use the volume keys to scroll to factory reset, use the back button to select reset then let it do its thinv

Quote Originally Posted by marka4jr View Post
    I got a boot loop on mine too when doing my first prl update I was able to fix it by removing the battery, make sure the usb is unplugged, put the battery back in and boot into recovery by pressing power and both volume buttons all together, once in recovery press the home button to see the menu then use the volume keys to scroll to factory reset, use the back button to select reset then let it do its thinv
    thanks. i tried that aleady. i did a factory reset. and the boot loop is still there. i also tried taking the boot img from the recovery and replacing a new one { volume down only and power up}. no luck. i am trying to do an update. but cant find one. or can some one send me the whole file from the phone and i will try to compile an update. thanks for the help
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by wewe3 View Post
    You will lose all your data you have to wipe your phone.
    1. Cut the phone all the way off (battery pull)
    2. Hold volume up/down+Power
    3. Wipe data/factory reset

It happen to me a couple of times.

oh yeah. this is why phone is on the boot loop. i tried to rewrite the file from "gps.conf" and rebooted. now i am stuck on a boot loop. i need a fresh update to get rid of the corrupted file i have in my phone

can some one please upload the entire file from the triumph. i need the files to rebuild. thanks.

i screw up on a file name "gps.conf". can some one send me the original gps,conf file from thier phone. and show me how to adb that file back onto the phone. i am thinking that mighT work. Thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

Default Re: ? About Recovery images

i have a question about recovery images backups