Anyone working on a custom recovery/rom/kernel for the Triumph?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious...is anyone here working on any hacks for this phone yet? I'd love to help if you are. This is a fantastic phone that deserves some dev love. Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Triumph

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone working on a custom recovery/rom/kernel for the Triump

I'm just curious...is anyone here working on any hacks for this phone yet? I'd love to help if you are. This is a fantastic phone that deserves some dev love. Thanks!

Me! I'm working on trying to get a recovery working, as well as porting CM7 over to the triumph.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Best news I've heard all day! I think most if the bugs that exist with the Triumph are purely software based.

JollyRoger87

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Me! I'm working on trying to get a recovery working, as well as porting CM7 over to the triumph.

Maybe you'd consider working with isaacj87, he's been working on a CWM for a couple days and with the two of you this could be done in no time flat.

General ClockworkMod Recovery [For Motorola Triumph] - Page 2 - Android Forums

Nevermind... just realized you're already on that forum talking with him... lol oops

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I have a deodexed and slimmed down ROM ready to go. Once we have the recovery I'll start some real work on it for you guys :)

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

If i try to theme the phone without being deodexed will it put me in a boot loop?

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

It did to me. I'm working on trying to fix that at the moment.

The last time i did it i had to have stock backup to restore it. Have you tried a factory reset nevermind stupid question of course you did that.

Last edited:

apsterling

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

The last time i did it i had to have stock backup to restore it. Are you in a bootloop?

At the moment, yes. I can get into stock recovery but adb can't see it. If I could get an nb0, I could fix it.

I have a dump of my system folder from before I did this, but that's probably not gonna do much at this point.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you'd consider working with isaacj87, he's been working on a CWM for a couple days and with the two of you this could be done in no time flat.

General ClockworkMod Recovery [For Motorola Triumph] - Page 2 - Android Forums

Nevermind... just realized you're already on that forum talking with him... lol oops

Haha yeah. Since he doesn't have the phone, I was giving him the info he needs, and I'm testing his builds too. I'm going my own way though at the same time he's working on it. I think if we keep at it, we'll have it done in no time.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

can you show me how because i searched that page and cant find how to flash cwm recovery at all. =(

It is too early in the process for you to try to put on the recovery, let the dev fix and fine tune the recovery, before you even attempt to put it on. He was only able to port it over today and in his post he said the recovery is a very rough right now and not fine tuned yet.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, you wouldn't want this version on your phone anyway. There are still some problems being worked out, as I've thoroughly tested it. When you scroll down once, it doesn't scroll and when you scroll a second time, it works but it moves down 2 times. It's being worked on as I speak though. Shouldn't be too much longer!

Edit: Well nevermind. We have a working version of CWM! I was a little late in the reply. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37