Remap Volume Key Long-Press?

rubejb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
With the Optimus V I had CM7 installed, and it had an option for long-press volume-up to skip tracks, and volume-down would go back a track.

But since I listen to mostly podcasts, I went in with root explorer and changed the physical search button to be fast-forward to get past boring parts.

Since the Triumph doesn't have much in the way of physical buttons, I was trying to use the long-press volume keys to FF and rewind the current track.

I've gone to /system/usr/keylayout (this is the directory of the Optimus's settings)

But there are a number of .kl files in that folder. Does anyone know which is the one the Triumph uses for the physical keys? I'm assuming it's the "fbx_kybd.kl" since there are only 4 keys listed in it.

Also, what would key values would I add to the file to make my FF setup work?
ex:
key ??? MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD
key ??? MEDIA_REWIND

Thanks!

bb6h22lude

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can do that until we have a custom rom that has that built into the OS. I know exactly what you're talking about.

rubejb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can do that until we have a custom rom that has that built into the OS. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I know you said not to quote you, but I did anyway! :)

That may be true, as I haven't tried on a stock ROM. But I'm hoping it's not the case, as I have a feeling it might be a while.

But thanks for the info.

bb6h22lude

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I hope that we can get a good dev for this phone. I need GB rom's not Froyo. I think it was a bad move on Moto's and VM's to release this phone with Froyo when gingerbread has been out for a little over 8 months now. Have you ever tried MIUI?