Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Remap Volume Key Long-Press?

With the Optimus V I had CM7 installed, and it had an option for long-press volume-up to skip tracks, and volume-down would go back a track.

But since I listen to mostly podcasts, I went in with root explorer and changed the physical search button to be fast-forward to get past boring parts.

Since the Triumph doesn't have much in the way of physical buttons, I was trying to use the long-press volume keys to FF and rewind the current track.

I've gone to /system/usr/keylayout (this is the directory of the Optimus's settings)

But there are a number of .kl files in that folder. Does anyone know which is the one the Triumph uses for the physical keys? I'm assuming it's the "fbx_kybd.kl" since there are only 4 keys listed in it.

Also, what would key values would I add to the file to make my FF setup work?
    ex:
    key ??? MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD
    key ??? MEDIA_REWIND

Thanks!

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Default Re: Remap Volume Key Long-Press?

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can do that until we have a custom rom that has that built into the OS. I know exactly what you're talking about.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bb6h22lude View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can do that until we have a custom rom that has that built into the OS. I know exactly what you're talking about.
    I know you said not to quote you, but I did anyway!

That may be true, as I haven't tried on a stock ROM. But I'm hoping it's not the case, as I have a feeling it might be a while.

But thanks for the info.

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

No problem. I hope that we can get a good dev for this phone. I need GB ROMs not Froyo. I think it was a bad move on Moto's and VM's to release this phone with Froyo when gingerbread has been out for a little over 8 months now. Have you ever tried MIUI?