Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    staticmaal's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

    Cool FM Radio

    There's a pre-installed FM radio on here but it won't show up in the app drawers I found out how to get it. Download AnyCut from the market (free) open it up and select new shortcut then activity scroll til you see FM Radio select it. Its gonna create a short cut on your homescreen. Open it up it allows you to select a station but no sound I went to settings to change the country you in but no sound still not even static.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: FM Radio

    I saw this in titanium backup also, confused me. Maybe a new software update will give us access to it, or its just not supposed to be on there. Im hoping for the first one though

    EDIT: I made the shortcut, and I HEARD STATIC!!! I turned the volume up all the way and you can clearly hear it, and some stations reported stereo, some didnt. This makes me think we actually have an fm radio, but its just not configured right.
    Last edited by Doggydude; 08-05-2011 at 03:52 PM.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doggydude View Post
    I saw this in titanium backup also, confused me. Maybe a new software update will give us access to it, or its just not supposed to be on there. Im hoping for the first one though

    EDIT: I made the shortcut, and I HEARD STATIC!!! I turned the volume up all the way and you can clearly hear it, and some stations reported stereo, some didnt. This makes me think we actually have an fm radio, but its just not configured right.
    I think you have to have headphones plugged in because it used the cable as an antenna for the radio.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: FM Radio

    This is a pretty cool find. I was able to get static but not actual sound. Would be nice to get it to work somehow.
  5. #5  
    floridarick's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: FM Radio

    look into what makes the FM Radio work in the, Huawei x6 (China) aka, Spice m410 (India).

    They have an FM Radio and are the same hardware as the "Motorola" (cough Cough) Triumph ....... Only difference is CDMA vs GSM and a little different outer housing.

    Maybe you can use some of the files from one of those phones to get the Radio working.....?
  6. #6  

    Default

    Hello, I am new to the forum. I tried the anycut method and got static on my mt. I heard something about reconfiguring the signal rout through bluetooth. Could this make the radio work?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: FM Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by bjones72751 View Post
    I think you have to have headphones plugged in because it used the cable as an antenna for the radio.
    And your headphones have to have the FM radio antenna built into them too. This is the case with any FM radio on phones. Unfortunately I don;t have any good suggestions on where to look for such an item.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: FM Radio

    Nonono no.?? Least i think nooooooo.no heqdphones w antenna...none of my headphones r fancy or special, but yes they act as antenna thru reg.cables.i use fm radio on lg cell, it i want music thru speakerphone, i plug a 1/4 jack into hole,& presto.( i also use an old plug i cut off pair broken hedphones.works ok thou.a full set can be longer 4- bettr reception)
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glarepate View Post
    And your headphones have to have the FM radio antenna built into them too. This is the case with any FM radio on phones. Unfortunately I don;t have any good suggestions on where to look for such an item.
    Nope...i think :/

Posting Permissions

B