Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems I had with this phone

I had several problems for this phone, please tell me if you had similar problems. First off, the capacitive dot grid on my phones screen is way too visible. It's ridiculously visible. Ew. Second, my GPS can't get a fix, it takes several minutes. 3rdly there are specs of dust underneath the glass. 4th, back button doesn't always work. 5th, I'm having the screen flicker problem. 6th this is the second phone so far and I'm about to exchange it for the 3rd. The first time, the phone was physically missing a piece o.o many people are exchanging this phone, it looks like this phone isn't exactly the best built phone, if so many of you are getting replacements.

Default Re: Problems I had with this phone

Quote Originally Posted by Kmm730 View Post
    I had several problems for this phone, please tell me if you had similar problems. First off, the capacitive dot grid on my phones screen is way too visible. It's ridiculously visible. Ew. Second, my GPS can't get a fix, it takes several minutes. 3rdly there are specs of dust underneath the glass. 4th, back button doesn't always work. 5th, I'm having the screen flicker problem. 6th this is the second phone so far and I'm about to exchange it for the 3rd. The first time, the phone was physically missing a piece o.o many people are exchanging this phone, it looks like this phone isn't exactly the best built phone, if so many of you are getting replacements.
    Sounds like you got a POS one, take it back

Quote Originally Posted by Kmm730 View Post
    GPS problem is well known. Some claim with enough exchange you might bump into a good one.

Occational noneresponsive button seem to be common to all T, normally it's not bad enough to bother most people.

As for the rest... Sounds like you might just have to remove that shipping sticker on the screen. Notice that big tab on the lower left corner?

Fyi, there is no such thing as "touch screen dot grid."

Quote Originally Posted by bombaw8 View Post

As for the rest... Sounds like you might just have to remove that shipping sticker on the screen. Notice that big tab on the lower left corner?

Fyi, there is no such thing as "touch screen dot grid."
    Not true. My MT also had a dot matrix pattern going on. It's from the screen protector/anti-radiation shield/whatever the hell it is. Removed it, no more dots.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The grid pattern is what makes the screen function, it's visible on all phones when the screen is off in bright sunlight and at an angle, but this is the most visible I've seen it, its visible with the screen directly in front of me on, I removed both screen protectors, by all means it's a great phone, it's just not built very well, which is the reason for the low price compared to higher end phones

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

I must have one of the rare Triumphs that suffer none of the issues listed above.

People assume when someone says dust under the screen that means remove the screen protector. Of my 3 T's, the first one had DUST UNDER THE SCREEN. It was coming from the space between volume rocker. Now, I purchased the rocketfish case and so far no dust on the last 2. But I will also purchase the extended warranty just in case...

MOTWX435KT

I have a few problems, namely the most annoying of them being that my capacitative buttons keep flashing anytime I receive a phone call.
    This was not the case when I first got the phone, but now it does it everytime someone calls me and the notification light keeps blinking.
    I tried the adjust brightness app and it works but I have to reopen the app after every phone call I receive.

Secondly, the home button freezes up quite a bit, enough to the point where I have to press the back button or I cannot exit any open app.
    The battery life seems to have gotten better now that I have completely drained the battery and recharged it twice since I bought the device.

I may return it and get a new one because honestly the flickering lights and notification light is quite bothersome.