Little to no bars(service)

BadAngel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in the amount of bars you have been getting recently? Normally I get like one bar in my room since its partially underground, but since last night ive been getting none at all... Even upstairs and outside I only get one bar at best. Idk whats going on, maybe virgin/sprint is messing with something, or maybe its just me? Both my parents have Virgin too, and they have the same reception I do so its not the phone. Any input?

BadAngel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes... but it was fine a day and a half ago with my MT and as I said upstairs/outside is only one bar as opposed to the none i get in my room

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes... but it was fine a day and a half ago with my MT and as I said upstairs/outside is only one bar as opposed to the none i get in my room
Update the prl, it's helped me get more bars and better connections by allowing me to connect to more sprint cell towers.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you do that I keep tryijng i get stuck at the qtrs or sometihg like that part?

Here's a link to the instructions and links, make sure you're not using an old version of qpst or else it won't read the phone, and make sure you read the whole thread, as the reboot portion of the instructions are obsolete now, and replaced by a very convenient anycut shortcut to put the phone into diag mode.

HOW TO: Motorola Triumph PRL Swap

BadAngel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've already updated my PRL actually did it over two weeks ago. And Its kind of hard to go by calls and texts when I have NO service... When I do have a little service, calls are dropped and Texts don't send/aren't received on time. Like I'm telling you there is an issue present right now that was not two days ago. I'm not making it up.

Todd042

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
You will need to call VM and tell them what is going on, they will check and see if Sprint is dong any work and let you know. If not they may make you wait 24-48 hours and if you still see a problem they will have you call back, so they can start a trouble ticket. You did not say how far you Parents are from you that would rule out a cell tower in your area and make it more wide spread. If all else fails take a trip to a mall or and area the would show full bars and recheck. But yes Sprint has been doing a lot of work as of late.

MarkMcCoskey

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you all update to Sprints 01115 PRL? I did myself last night.

I also see talk of using 01119 and 01120. Are there any advantages to using these PRL's?