Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    staticmaal's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

    Default [DON'T Do This Unless Your are a Developer ROM Gingerbread]

    ALL CREDIT GOES TO MOTOROLA TRIUMPH ON XDA-DEVELOPERS FORUM
    Heres a work in progress rom GINGERBREAD its from one of other phones like the Triumph
    YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SIGNAL IT WILL SAY SEARCHING FOR SERVICE
    Whats work:
    Wifi
    Camera (both)
    Bluetooth
    All bottons no remapping needed
    Thats it because its a GSM rom its looking for a sim card so the CDMA call,text, and data wont work
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MORE THAN 50% OF BATTERY OR MORE

    Heres the steps

    1.OF COURSE DO A NANDROID BACKUP
    2.DOWNLOAD IT
    3.THERE WILL BE A FILE NAMED FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 CHANGE IT TO firmware.nb0
    4.AFTER THE FILE WAS CHANGED FROM FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 TO firmware.nb0 COPY IT TO YOUR SD CARD (DO NOT PLACE IN A FOLDER)
    5.SKIP STEP 6 IF YOUR ALREADY ON STOCK RECOVERY
    6.NOW IF YOU HAVE THE CWM RECOVERY YOU WILL NEED TO SWITCH BACK TO STOCK RECOVERY. TO DO THAT YOU NEED TO FIRST POWER DOWN YOUR PHONE, SECOND HOLD VOL DOWN AND POWER KEY AT THE SAME TIME SOME NUMBERS WILL SHOW UP THATS GOOD, THIRD PLUG YOUR PHONE IN YOUR COMPUTER MOBILE DISK WILL POP UP CLICK CONTINUE WITHOUT SCANNING BACKUP YOUR CURRENT RECOVERY IMAGE, AND THEN REPLACE IT BACK WITH THE STOCK.
    7.AFTER YOU DO THAT TURN PHONE OFF.. PRESS POWER,VOLUME UP AND DOWN AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL PHONE SCREEN SHOWS THE MOTOROLA EMBLEM..
    8..NOW PRESS THE HOME BUTTON SO YOU CAN GET INTO THE MENU TO SHOW THE OPTIONS..
    9.IN THAT MENU WHERE U PRESSED DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL NB0 FILE THERE ARE TWO OPTION IN THERE THAT ARE LIKE WIPE CACHE AND FORMAT PARTITION DO BOTH
    10. USE VOLUME BUTTONS TO GET TO THE LAST ONE IT SHOULD SAY INSTALL OR DOWNLOAD .NB0 FILE.
    11. AFTER YOU PRESS ON DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL NB0 FILE IT SHOULD HAVE A CIRCULAR GREY THING ON THE SCREEN (THE SAME KIND OF ICON WHEN GOOGLE SYNC'S ON YOUR PHONE BUT BIGGER) IT TOOK ME ABOUT 5 MINS..
    12.AFTER THAT THE SCREEN SHOWED MY PHONES INFO I JUST TOOK OUT THE BATTERY AND RESTARTED IT
    13.THATS ALL

    IF anybody have any ideas on how to change something so it can be CDMA not GSM let me know and ill try it.
    Last edited by staticmaal; 08-15-2011 at 08:44 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: [WIP ROM Gingerbread]

    issacj posted his cm7 but this one seems to have more working

    Nice Job Bro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    staticmaal's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

    Default Re: [WIP ROM Gingerbread]

    Quote Originally Posted by nashti13 View Post
    issacj posted his cm7 but this one seems to have more working

    Nice Job Bro
    His will probably be done b4 all the problems get out of this one and hes include CM7.
  4. #4  
    munkyvirus's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

    Default Re: [WIP ROM Gingerbread]

    I think issac's has more problems because he is building it from scratch without a kernal source.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: [WIP ROM Gingerbread]

    Quote Originally Posted by munkyvirus View Post
    I think issac's has more problems because he is building it from scratch without a kernal source.
    it looks like the only things not working with isaac's is the 3g, sound, and camera. but i guess theres not much he can do until the kernel source is released.
  6. #6  
    smileyguy11's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    ROM
    Umph Kernel Overclock

    Default Re: [DON'T Do This Unless Your are a Developer ROM Gingerbread]

    Quote Originally Posted by staticmaal View Post
    ALL CREDIT GOES TO MOTOROLA TRIUMPH ON XDA-DEVELOPERS FORUM
    Heres a work in progress rom GINGERBREAD its from one of other phones like the Triumph
    YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SIGNAL IT WILL SAY SEARCHING FOR SERVICE
    Whats work:
    Wifi
    Camera (both)
    Bluetooth
    All bottons no remapping needed
    Thats it because its a GSM rom its looking for a sim card so the CDMA call,text, and data wont work
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MORE THAN 50% OF BATTERY OR MORE

    Heres the steps

    1.OF COURSE DO A NANDROID BACKUP
    2.DOWNLOAD IT
    3.THERE WILL BE A FILE NAMED FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 CHANGE IT TO firmware.nb0
    4.AFTER THE FILE WAS CHANGED FROM FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 TO firmware.nb0 COPY IT TO YOUR SD CARD (DO NOT PLACE IN A FOLDER)
    5.SKIP STEP 6 IF YOUR ALREADY ON STOCK RECOVERY
    6.NOW IF YOU HAVE THE CWM RECOVERY YOU WILL NEED TO SWITCH BACK TO STOCK RECOVERY. TO DO THAT YOU NEED TO FIRST POWER DOWN YOUR PHONE, SECOND HOLD VOL DOWN AND POWER KEY AT THE SAME TIME SOME NUMBERS WILL SHOW UP THATS GOOD, THIRD PLUG YOUR PHONE IN YOUR COMPUTER MOBILE DISK WILL POP UP CLICK CONTINUE WITHOUT SCANNING BACKUP YOUR CURRENT RECOVERY IMAGE, AND THEN REPLACE IT BACK WITH THE STOCK.
    7.AFTER YOU DO THAT TURN PHONE OFF.. PRESS POWER,VOLUME UP AND DOWN AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL PHONE SCREEN SHOWS THE MOTOROLA EMBLEM..
    8..NOW PRESS THE HOME BUTTON SO YOU CAN GET INTO THE MENU TO SHOW THE OPTIONS..
    9.IN THAT MENU WHERE U PRESSED DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL NB0 FILE THERE ARE TWO OPTION IN THERE THAT ARE LIKE WIPE CACHE AND FORMAT PARTITION DO BOTH
    10. USE VOLUME BUTTONS TO GET TO THE LAST ONE IT SHOULD SAY INSTALL OR DOWNLOAD .NB0 FILE.
    11. AFTER YOU PRESS ON DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL NB0 FILE IT SHOULD HAVE A CIRCULAR GREY THING ON THE SCREEN (THE SAME KIND OF ICON WHEN GOOGLE SYNC'S ON YOUR PHONE BUT BIGGER) IT TOOK ME ABOUT 5 MINS..
    12.AFTER THAT THE SCREEN SHOWED MY PHONES INFO I JUST TOOK OUT THE BATTERY AND RESTARTED IT
    13.THATS ALL

    IF anybody have any ideas on how to change something so it can be CDMA not GSM let me know and ill try it.
    What other phone's kernel did you use?

    p.s. ALL CAPS RAGE
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    staticmaal's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

    Default Re: [DON'T Do This Unless Your are a Developer ROM Gingerbread]

    It was a .nbo file and messed up the whole firmware. I had to get a replacement phone. Even issac and tickerguy said ill probably have to get a new phone.
  8. #8  
    kocoman2's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: [DON'T Do This Unless Your are a Developer ROM Gingerbread]

    The link in

    1.OF COURSE DO A NANDROID BACKUP
    2.DOWNLOAD IT
    3.THERE WILL BE A FILE NAMED FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 CHANGE IT TO fi


    does not work anymore

Posting Permissions

B