When I try to uninstall an app from Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Poynt all of the options including Uninstall are greyed out. How do I remove this unwanted app?
    08-20-2011 05:39 AM
    You need to root your phone, using ginger break.
    After that you will be able to uninstall most of the bloatware from the uninstall menu, or using a third party software such as the free version of Titanium back up *root*
    In theory you are not supposed to remove the bloatware the phone comes with.
    I did it, many other did it and the phone is working with no problems at all, however rooting will void the warranty.
    08-20-2011 07:47 AM
    I rooted my triumph using gingerbreak but when I went into my apps, it only gave me the option to uninstall the data, just like before my phone was rooted. I verified root with a root checker. How do you uninstall factory apps after root?
    02-18-2012 10:15 PM
    Root uninstaller or titanium backup, both available on the market, can uninstall bloatware.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    02-27-2012 01:45 AM
    wow if you were willing to root, you might as well go all in and install CM7

its basically a stock build of android 2.3.7 ( a huge update from the 2.2 your on now)

and has a bunch of cool new features too.

problem is HDMI doesnt work but if that doesnt bother you i reccommend it.

another option is "FroyoCream Sandwich" its a 2.2 rom thats themed to look like android 4.0 since its 2.2 it has EVERYTHING working 100% hdmi too. and none of the bloat apps that are in stock rom.

after flashing youll need to sign into google and download apps again, its like starting over with a new phone, but its for the best reasons. and youll never look back once you do it
    02-27-2012 03:23 PM
    simple solution is root your phone, using ginger break.
    03-02-2012 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD