Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I uninstall an app on my Motorola Triumph?

When I try to uninstall an app from Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Poynt all of the options including Uninstall are greyed out. How do I remove this unwanted app?

ROM
    Bumblebee

Default Re: How do I uninstall an app on my Motorola Triumph?

You need to root your phone, using ginger break.
    After that you will be able to uninstall most of the bloatware from the uninstall menu, or using a third party software such as the free version of Titanium back up *root*
    In theory you are not supposed to remove the bloatware the phone comes with.
    I did it, many other did it and the phone is working with no problems at all, however rooting will void the warranty.
    Optimus V> Motorola Triumph
    Bye bye iPhone, I'm done paying $80 a month! I love Android!
    Kickbacks referral code pDL6Fou0

I rooted my triumph using gingerbreak but when I went into my apps, it only gave me the option to uninstall the data, just like before my phone was rooted. I verified root with a root checker. How do you uninstall factory apps after root?

Root uninstaller or titanium backup, both available on the market, can uninstall bloatware.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

wow if you were willing to root, you might as well go all in and install CM7

its basically a stock build of android 2.3.7 ( a huge update from the 2.2 your on now)

and has a bunch of cool new features too.

problem is HDMI doesnt work but if that doesnt bother you i reccommend it.

another option is "FroyoCream Sandwich" its a 2.2 rom thats themed to look like android 4.0 since its 2.2 it has EVERYTHING working 100% hdmi too. and none of the bloat apps that are in stock rom.

after flashing youll need to sign into google and download apps again, its like starting over with a new phone, but its for the best reasons. and youll never look back once you do it

simple solution is root your phone, using ginger break.