1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shutdown Screen coming on by itself

Little over a month old it was working fine. This weekend the screen that comes on when you wake the phone up just started coming on by itself, and then the power down screen comes on. Its like the power button is stuck, but its not stuck. Has anyone else had this issue? I posted it on youtube. (motorola triumph problems) is what its under. This forum wont let me post the link because i just subscribed.

I tried two factory resets and still doing it. Ive always taken care of the phone, its never been dropped.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Shutdown Screen coming on by itself

I called Virgin Mobile and told them what it was doing. They sent me a new phone the next day and a prepaid envelope to send mine back. NO questions asked. I was very happy.

So did they just send the phone without the battery or cover or box or charger?

Quote Originally Posted by aj888 View Post
    So did they just send the phone without the battery or cover or box or charger?
    They didn't when they sent me a replacement, they sent a brand new box, unopened

well the guy just said for me to send back the phone with out the battery or cover or anything. so i didnt konw if thats how they sent it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

the phone came in bubblewrap and in a box. Im thinking it was a refurb, but im not sure. It didnt have any accessories or a battery or even a back cover. I had to use the ones i already had. Im just glad it works.

so i just got my phone looks good. and it has a date code of 7/11 vs my old phone 5/11 so im happy about that. maybe its one thats fixed.

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by aj888 View Post
    so i just got my phone looks good. and it has a date code of 7/11 vs my old phone 5/11 so im happy about that. maybe its one thats fixed.
    Have your tried the hotspot on it?

with quick settings? quick settings doesnt work.