Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

Default Re: Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update

If you can boot into regular mode, you can try booting into recovery in terminal emulator or 'adb shell':

su
    reboot recovery

Or take battery out for a minute or two, then put in, hold BOTH vol up & down, then power until vibration.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

How does having 10GB free space on an SD card and 410MB on internal phone storage result in not having enough file space for the 200kb setcpu.apk download?

Thanks to the OP who took the time (with incorrect spellings ) to write up a step-by-step guide all in one place, but after several attempts to get my phone to simply download the file from 4share...fail.

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

There are clearer instructions linked a few posts above here on another forum, which is more active for MT users. Your problem is similar to some reports the stock ROM has logging turned on for whatever reason and some of those logs are filling up the /data directory. You can either remove them manually once in a while or install another ROM like CM7.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
    There are clearer instructions linked a few posts above here on another forum, which is more active for MT users. Your problem is similar to some reports the stock ROM has logging turned on for whatever reason and some of those logs are filling up the /data directory. You can either remove them manually once in a while or install another ROM like CM7.
    + 1

I would also avoid 4shared.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

Sorry Guys i havent been active in awhile hope the best for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginMobileGuy View Post
    Sorry Guys i havent been active in awhile hope the best for you guys.
    its ok. people have been getting GOOD advice from elsewhere when your not around :3
    VirginMobileGuy likes this.

I am still waiting doe someone to help me with my problem and answer my question. Here it is again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skreed01 View Post
    Ok, I have got just about everything done, but, for some reason whenever I get to step 15 & I cannot go any further. I have downloaded all the files and gotten everything, setup on both my PC and my phone, but when ever I plug my phone into the computer, and activate QPST explorer, it registers the port my phone is plugged into, but never my phone. And that is not only on my windows 7 laptop, but my sisters desktop running Windows Vista, as well as my moms running Windows XP. I have even downloaded the Android SDK for any possible missing drivers, and still I cannot get any computer to recognize my phone through QPST. Any Ideas??????
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

Skreed:
    When you plug in your phone what do you see? Do your drivers instal? That might be the only problem why it cant identify your com ports have you downloaded any cut from the andriod market?

Question Re: Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update

Yes I have downloaded anycut. When I plug my phone into my computer windows begins searching both on the hard drive and online for the driver software. After several minutes of this Iget the message that the driver is not found, and yes I do have the Motorola helper software pack installed on my computers. Everything after that is sorta elementary. Any Ideas?

Sean K Reed

just did this, works.

so any fix for having no GPS, and my landscape mode doesnt work often, and never works in internet brower, but it had these problems before the update.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

Skreed:
    When downloading Any Cut from the Market did you select the shorcut com ports mod?

Instal "ANYCUT" from the Andriod Market once installed simply press on home windows till a windows pops up press on "SHORTCUT" now press on "ANYCUT" View throught files to tell you find and select
    COM PORT MODE", After widget is applied tap on widget and choose diagnostic mode or "DIAG"and
    there you GO
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

Idcp:
    Usally when the gps and landscape mode dont work its do to the phones software, the only way i got my landscape to work was by factory deleting my phone to new via- CWM

The GPs Issue Maybe this might help: Try not having your wifi on while using your gps so at all time turn of your wifi when about to u your gps

Question Re: Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update

Skreed:
    When downloading Any Cut from the Market did you select the shorcut com ports mod?

Instal "ANYCUT" from the Andriod Market once installed simply press on home windows till a windows pops up press on "SHORTCUT" now press on "ANYCUT" View throught files to tell you find and select
    COM PORT MODE", After widget is applied tap on widget and choose diagnostic mode or "DIAG"and
    there you GO
    I do this but after I press ANYCUT, I only get the following options, Direct call, Direct text message, Activity, & Make you own. I have looked through all of these options but nowhere do I see an option for COM PORT MODE. Should there be another option? If so I cannot find it.

Quote Originally Posted by skreed01 View Post
    I do this but after I press ANYCUT, I only get the following options, Direct call, Direct text message, Activity, & Make you own. I have looked through all of these options but nowhere do I see an option for COM PORT MODE. Should there be another option? If so I cannot find it.
    Go to AndroidForums. the Triumph section is way more alive and the How-Tos are clearly written and easy to understand, and dont involve all these crazy steps.

also, there is a android 4.0 ROM being released soon, and some very good and up to date CM7 and MIUI roms.

hmm, now after this update my phone looses 3g all the time, i tried the spring prl list, maybe i should just try the stock motorola one? what do you think?

if i set my phone down and it locks, when i unlock it doesnt show 3g and i have to re-enable data network everytime to get it to work... but the phone signal works fine. never did this before the update. im guessing its the new spring prl list

ROM
    CommRom 1.2, CM7MIKE, CM9

U dont have juice defender or something like that??? Try to reflash ur rom and be sure to "wipe" everything
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

juice defender doesnt work try superbox it deletes cache and internal storage reboots, instals apps ,unistalls apps, ext.....

juice defender doesnt work try superbox it deletes cache and internal storage reboots, instals apps ,unistalls apps, ext.....
    Juice defender works just fine.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

okay then

Mtthunderprop.zip isnt there, which is tha best to get???
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

205blak: Its called Vanilla 2.2 Thunder prop. Sorry i guessthe creater #JollyRogers updated the Prop.

Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post
    Go to AndroidForums. the Triumph section is way more alive and the How-Tos are clearly written and easy to understand, and dont involve all these crazy steps.

also, there is a android 4.0 ROM being released soon, and some very good and up to date CM7 and MIUI roms.
    I am more than half way through these instructions, and your advice is to go someplace else and start all over again, AFTER I have made irreparable changes to my phone? I don't think so!

hi i just installed the kernal onto my device and whenever i try to turn on my phone it makes it to the unlock screen then it just freezes up and tries to reboot. any ideas?
    also it says my sd card is damaged :/
    Last edited by mpresto4; 02-27-2012 at 03:34 PM.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

ROM
    CynogneMod9/ManterKernel

Quote Originally Posted by mpresto4 View Post
    hi i just installed the kernal onto my device and whenever i try to turn on my phone it makes it to the unlock screen then it just freezes up and tries to reboot. any ideas?
    also it says my sd card is damaged :/

Try going into Clock Works Mod Recovery and factory deleting everything,wiping the cache and delvik cache.
    Hope that helps

Hi. I am kinda stuck on step 7. I think I followed all the previous steps just fine. I installed the kernal from the SD card using the Recovery app, but when I go to reboot the screen seems like it is locked on the Motorola logo. It won't reboot. I've waited a really long time to see what would happen, but it's not doing anything. I powered down and tried again. The same thing. I booted back into recovery and re-installed. Still nothing.

What am I missing?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast