Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a virgin mobile triumph. Ive been reading alot about rooting and flashing roms. I am totally ignerent when it comes to the technical stuff. I would like to root my phone, so I can make my phone a wireless hotspot and hopefully help with 3G speed and signal strength. Have you heard of anyone bricking their phone by doing this? I am debating on whether I should do this or not. I do have a replacement plan by Best Buy and I was told if I do this, I void the warrenty and I would be otta luck if something goes wrong with the phone. Also, if I do decide to do this per your instructions above, if I mess up on any part of your instructions, can I reset it to factory reset, or undo what Ive done, or am I out of luck? I would appreciate your feedback and any suggestions you may have. Thank you for your time in this matter.

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for replying. Do you know of anyone that has the easiest instructions on how to root my Motorola Triumph, and instructions to go back to stock rom in case it doesnt work. And also, if I decide to flash a custom rom, which one would you recommend? Ive been hearing about this CM7 rom, but heard it has quite a few bugs.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for replying. Do you know of anyone that has the easiest instructions on how to root my Motorola Triumph, and instructions to go back to stock rom in case it doesnt work. And also, if I decide to flash a custom rom, which one would you recommend? Ive been hearing about this CM7 rom, but heard it has quite a few bugs.

This:

[GUIDE] Installing CWM and a custom ROM on the Motorola Triumph - Android Forums

and CM7:

[ROM] CM7-TG-Reloaded - Android Forums

The only major bugs are HDMI doesn't work, and BT & Wifi can't be used at the same time, also just having them turned on uses more battery (but you can setup quick toggles in the notification bar). Everything else works better than stock.

Alohanesss

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My phone will not reboot into cwr. I have a triumph, and I can get to the point where I have to take the battery out and press the power and volume up/down. When I press those buttons together, I get nothing. Please help. Please.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If you can boot into regular mode, you can try booting into recovery in terminal emulator or 'adb shell':

su
reboot recovery

Or take battery out for a minute or two, then put in, hold BOTH vol up & down, then power until vibration.

whynotv2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
How does having 10GB free space on an SD card and 410MB on internal phone storage result in not having enough file space for the 200kb setcpu.apk download?

Thanks to the OP who took the time (with incorrect spellings ;) ) to write up a step-by-step guide all in one place, but after several attempts to get my phone to simply download the file from 4share...fail.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There are clearer instructions linked a few posts above here on another forum, which is more active for MT users. Your problem is similar to some reports the stock ROM has logging turned on for whatever reason and some of those logs are filling up the /data directory. You can either remove them manually once in a while or install another ROM like CM7.

agentc13

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
There are clearer instructions linked a few posts above here on another forum, which is more active for MT users. Your problem is similar to some reports the stock ROM has logging turned on for whatever reason and some of those logs are filling up the /data directory. You can either remove them manually once in a while or install another ROM like CM7.
+ 1

I would also avoid 4shared.

skreed01

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I am still waiting doe someone to help me with my problem and answer my question. Here it is again.
Ok, I have got just about everything done, but, for some reason whenever I get to step 15 & I cannot go any further. I have downloaded all the files and gotten everything, setup on both my PC and my phone, but when ever I plug my phone into the computer, and activate QPST explorer, it registers the port my phone is plugged into, but never my phone. And that is not only on my windows 7 laptop, but my sisters desktop running Windows Vista, as well as my moms running Windows XP. I have even downloaded the Android SDK for any possible missing drivers, and still I cannot get any computer to recognize my phone through QPST. Any Ideas??????:-\

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Skreed:
When you plug in your phone what do you see? Do your drivers instal? That might be the only problem why it cant identify your com ports have you downloaded any cut from the andriod market?

skreed01

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have downloaded anycut. When I plug my phone into my computer windows begins searching both on the hard drive and online for the driver software. After several minutes of this Iget the message that the driver is not found, and yes I do have the Motorola helper software pack installed on my computers. Everything after that is sorta elementary. Any Ideas?

Sean K Reed

idcp

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
just did this, works.

so any fix for having no GPS, and my landscape mode doesnt work often, and never works in internet brower, but it had these problems before the update.

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Skreed:
When downloading Any Cut from the Market did you select the shorcut com ports mod?

Instal "ANYCUT" from the Andriod Market once installed simply press on home windows till a windows pops up press on "SHORTCUT" now press on "ANYCUT" View throught files to tell you find and select
COM PORT MODE", After widget is applied tap on widget and choose diagnostic mode or "DIAG"and
there you GO

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Idcp:
Usally when the gps and landscape mode dont work its do to the phones software, the only way i got my landscape to work was by factory deleting my phone to new via- CWM

The GPs Issue Maybe this might help: Try not having your wifi on while using your gps so at all time turn of your wifi when about to u your gps

skreed01

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Skreed:
When downloading Any Cut from the Market did you select the shorcut com ports mod?

Instal "ANYCUT" from the Andriod Market once installed simply press on home windows till a windows pops up press on "SHORTCUT" now press on "ANYCUT" View throught files to tell you find and select
COM PORT MODE", After widget is applied tap on widget and choose diagnostic mode or "DIAG"and
there you GO
I do this but after I press ANYCUT, I only get the following options, Direct call, Direct text message, Activity, & Make you own. I have looked through all of these options but nowhere do I see an option for COM PORT MODE. Should there be another option? If so I cannot find it.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I do this but after I press ANYCUT, I only get the following options, Direct call, Direct text message, Activity, & Make you own. I have looked through all of these options but nowhere do I see an option for COM PORT MODE. Should there be another option? If so I cannot find it.

Go to AndroidForums. the Triumph section is way more alive and the How-Tos are clearly written and easy to understand, and dont involve all these crazy steps.

also, there is a android 4.0 ROM being released soon, and some very good and up to date CM7 and MIUI roms.

idcp

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
hmm, now after this update my phone looses 3g all the time, i tried the spring prl list, maybe i should just try the stock motorola one? what do you think?

if i set my phone down and it locks, when i unlock it doesnt show 3g and i have to re-enable data network everytime to get it to work... but the phone signal works fine. never did this before the update. im guessing its the new spring prl list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech