Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By watskyhotsky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Red face Downloads no longer working

Hi guys. I just recently started having a problem with my Triumph. I am unable to download anything at all on it. I load Marketplace and find an app I want, then select install, and I get "The application market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have cleared the data and the cache for market. This does not help. I uninstalled all updates for the market, still doesn't help. Even when browsing the internet, if I try to download a picture or any file, I get pretty much the same force close.... ( process com.android.browser has stopped). I did have my phone rooted and I think I messed up when I ran Titanium backup and uninstalled Download Manager.

Is there any way to restore my phone back to it's original state?? I've went to the settings - privacy - factory data reset, but this still will not fix the problem.

Can someone tell me how to get my download manager back? Or how I can flash my phone back to the original ROM?

Please help! I love this phone and would hate to have to get a new one....

BTW... Texting, calling, browsing the internet, WI-FI, all still work fine. Just can't download.

Thanks again!!!

Default Re: Downloads no longer working

install CWM recovery (very easy, search for the How To) and flash a rom.

go to AndroidForums for the latest roms. a CM7 and MIUI rom exist.

not much you can do now, but the EASIEST and QUICKEST thing to do is flash a FRESH rom and start over, besides cm7 and miui are a huge, HUGE upgrade over the stock rom anyways.

btw, custom roms are pre rooted, you dont need to try to root them once your in. (ive seen people think they have to root a new custom rom after they boot into it the first time)

btw, yes, you did fry your current rom by removing download manager with titanium backup. not much you can do to repair, best to flash a fresh rom and not do that again
    Thanked by:
    mlrhinehart likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks watskyhotsky! That fixed it! Now everything is up and running like brand new! You guys here at Android Central rock!!

hey,

trying to fix download problems on my triumph.
    what does 'flash a rom' mean? do i need to do both CM7 and MIUI?

thanks.

B.