Best Triumph Deal?

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Where can I find the beat deal on a triumph?

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

I just bought one on ebay for $109( it only comes with batt and wall charger) and a bundle that includes car charger, usb cable, reusable screen protector, wall charger, and hard rubber case for $7 all with free shipping!!!!!!

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhhhh, now I see why you asked that one my wiping thread! XD
You can get great deals on ebay, and I doubt I'd let my phone go that cheap, but it's rooted, running cm7.2, has a silicone case, and a hardcover case, it's normal battery and a spare one, wall/usb charger, and about a week before that thread I posted, I put on the carbon fiber skin for the phone (it still fits in both cases). It also has a few tiny glitches (much less than most triumphs I hear about)

My asking price would be a bit steeper since I got it only back in December (about 200$ although one could probably sweet talk me down to 175$).

I would take a look on craigslist if I were you tho. You will be able to actually handle the device, and ask more questions about its history than you could with ebay. There's also the added bonus of being able to haggle the seller more easily, or work out a payment plan if you can't afford the entire thing upfront.
Of course, on ebay you can do this as well, but sellers are less likely to go for it. And you can't check to ensure the phone hasn't been stolen before buying.

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhhhh, now I see why you asked that one my wiping thread! XD
You can get great deals on ebay, and I doubt I'd let my phone go that cheap, but it's rooted, running cm7.2, has a silicone case, and a hardcover case, it's normal battery and a spare one, wall/usb charger, and about a week before that thread I posted, I put on the carbon fiber skin for the phone (it still fits in both cases). It also has a few tiny glitches (much less than most triumphs I hear about)

My asking price would be a bit steeper since I got it only back in December (about 200$ although one could probably sweet talk me down to 175$).

I would take a look on craigslist if I were you tho. You will be able to actually handle the device, and ask more questions about its history than you could with ebay. There's also the added bonus of being able to haggle the seller more easily, or work out a payment plan if you can't afford the entire thing upfront.
Of course, on ebay you can do this as well, but sellers are less likely to go for it. And you can't check to ensure the phone hasn't been stolen before buying.

I bought from a top notch top rated seller with a 99% customer rating (89000+) reviews, sorry i would have sweet talked you but i already flipped the switch.........try posting on the ov forums, there are a lot of people over there that might be interested

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Haha thank, but it's all cool. I think I might just enjoy the 25$plan I still have, I think I'll just wait till my phone kicks the bucket and upgrade then :p

But even so, glad you found a good seller! :-D

Reactions: rebel69ization

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Those of you that have the triumph, how is the call quality and reception as compared to the optimus v?

I would like to upgrade to this since i could keep my 25 dollar plan with it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Man this phone is awesome, I think its 10 times better than the ov, call quality, connection speeds, you just have to flash a good, stable rom.

sent from my miui ics triumph using inverted blue tapatalk 2

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Those of you that have the triumph, how is the call quality and reception as compared to the optimus v?

I would like to upgrade to this since i could keep my 25 dollar plan with it.

I actually adopted an OV from a friend(to pass onto another friend for her bday) It has technical issues, but I'd be super glad to do a video demoing it for you when I get it working.

That aside, there are a lot of videos on youtube demoing the two of them in a face off.

I will note, it's about as good as my Samsung Intercept in terms of signal and whatnot. :)

EDIT: PS, you won't be able to keep your 25$ plan with it. I suggest holding onto your OV until it kicks the bucket. That's what I'm doing with my triumph now, no point in keeping phone insurance if I'm just gonna get stuck with another triumph(when they have a freaking nice ICS android now) and if I have to replace it because it's broken, I'm going to be forced to pay the 35$/mo plan. Trust me, it's not truly worth upgrading until your phone is broken if you're thinking in terms of fiscally. :)

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought that the new plan rates are only for phones released in may and on? Or at least that's what the text virgin sent out said.

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, that's what I thought as well, but I contacted the company because I was afraid I might have been reading it wrong, and they confirmed, yes, if my triumph broke under insurance and I used said insurance to simply replace it, I would have to pay the new monthly pricing. :'(

It blows, but what can we do? It's still buttons cheaper than anywhere else. I say cling to the plan you have, and when you lust after those new phones, remember your phone is still in good working order and you're "saving" for the best of the best of VM's line when your OV finally breaks. :)

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, that's what I thought as well, but I contacted the company because I was afraid I might have been reading it wrong, and they confirmed, yes, if my triumph broke under insurance and I used said insurance to simply replace it, I would have to pay the new monthly pricing. :'(

It blows, but what can we do? It's still buttons cheaper than anywhere else. I say cling to the plan you have, and when you lust after those new phones, remember your phone is still in good working order and you're "saving" for the best of the best of VM's line when your OV finally breaks. :)

Well it looks like I'll be keeping my ov for quite some time then, lol.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
People really care about 10$ that much?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Well its not that much, its just more annoying then anything because after tax its more like 40 dollars.

The number one thing for me why it's so hard to upgrade is the free hotspot that i use all the time with the optimus vs paying 15 dollars extra on the new plans for only 1.5gb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87