Swapper 2 bricked my phone!

Lanman78

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Be very careful when using this app because it hard bricked my phone. I installed it and rebooted my Motorola Triumph and the screen went black. I pressed the power button and nothing happened. The phone is now officially a paperweight. Also I had root privileges. I would advise MT owners to steer way clear of this app unless you want to possible brick your phone. I called Google to report this issue and I also contacted the developer to let them know about this serious matter. Luckily Virgin Mobile is sending me a replacement. I just wanted to give a heads up that's all. Proceed with extreme caution when attempting to use this app!

mattrb

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Swapper didn't kill your phone. Were you over clocking? Swapper is a script app that tells the phone to look @ other places for apps. This does not affect boot or kernel or recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lanman78

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone was not overclocked. I was running Froyocream Sandwich and everything was working great before I started to mess with this app. This app can brick your phone because someone else with the same phone posted that their phone was bricked after messing with this app as well. I don't know how you can be so sure that this app will not brick your phone. It has to be this app because the phone was running smoothly without any issues whatsoever before I installed this app and rebooted my phone. I read that it can overwrite the boot sector therefore rendering your phone useless. I am 95% sure this app is the culprit.

Lanman78

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing that I can try to fix this correct? I just wanted to ask to see if there is anything that I can attempt to try and get this phone to at least boot into clockwordmod recovery.

swwhite

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Is it even beneficial to have a swap partition for the Triumph? When I used to use the LG Optimus and ran Darktremor apps2sd, pretty much everyone said it was pointless.

Sent from my Triumph using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

4u4u1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Its true this application shall be removed from playstore i have the same situation with my Galaxy Grand 2 G7102, no recovery mode no screen nothing at all. bull ****....that's it.

Do not use it.

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes this app can definitely brick ur device if u set wrong partition as swap partition. When u enable the swap, swapper2 will format the partition and cause ur device to run into an error...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463