Triumph or EVO V 4G?

scubaslim

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The wife and I are still a few months away from upgrading from our Optimus V and Optimus Slider, but I was hoping to get some input and opinions. We are still on the $25/mo plan, so I am torn between the Triumph and HTC Evo V 4G.

We live in an "unannounced city" for WiMax, so I'm fairly confident we'd benefit from the 4G, although I've read it doesn't work indoors???

Anyway, I'd be rooting the Triumph with CM7 and overclocking it. I'd probably get extended batteries, as well.. Ignoring the purchase price, is it worth the extra $10/mo for the EVO? I'd love to get some comparisons and pros & cons of each phone.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the triumph rooted with CM7.2 and have wondered the same myself. I've already dumped so much into a couple of cases, a carbon fiber skin, extra battery, it almost seems like why bother to me, but if it's seriously that much better, I'd look into selling my triumph for something better.

But the 25$/mo is a pretty sweet deal which I'm still on. You should keep that monthly price if you upgrade to the triumph but basically anything released afterwards, nope.