Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dustball987
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default free data glitch?3g enabled from replacement phone

Hey Guys,

A few months back I got an rma for my old triumph for the gps problem virgin mobile sent me a new phone and to my surprise out of the bag it had 3g connectivity I was able to browse the web view Facebook and listen to Pandora I have no clue why or how this happened but I didn't ask questions and since i already switched to straight talk I had no real use for the triumph I just wanted to see if they sorted everything out (Pretty sure they didnt)

If i go to the about secion in the phone my number is actually 000-0000-3700 i tried making calls out and that didn't work only 3g works

any way does anyone know why or how this happend and would any one be interested in buying it since i have no real use for it any more I'd rather sell it to someone on one of the forums than Ebay or craigslist

you can contact me if you want through PM
    joey92 likes this.

162 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default Re: free data glitch?3g enabled from replacement phone

While I am not interested in buying it, that's a really cool glitch! If you needed to, you could tether(if you data isn't unlimited)! :P

I do hope someone takes you up on that!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: free data glitch?3g enabled from replacement phone

I can tether it I'm really more interested as to why it is doing this I'm working with someone on another forum to diagnose it so far the phones rooted and i've flashed several roms but only froyo roms will alow me to access 3g for some reason