Motorola Triumph suddenly won't charge on the charger ?

piiiiiink15

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I had this phone since June of 2011 but then I had it replaced in I believe August 2011, so the phone is about about 1 year 5 months old. Ever since a couple days ago, my phone has been fully functional & successfully charging correctly to 100% until a couple of days ago, I woke up and my phone was COMPLETELY dead like it would not even turn on or anything and the red light wouldn't even display it was charging at first, but it eventually came on and started charging for a little. It was okay up to about 70% and I took it off the charger because I was going to work whether it was fully charged or not. Then that night I went to plug my phone back into the wall to charge overnight and I woke up with the battery at 60%. Then I tried charging it to get to 100% and it just won't achieve itself to 100% or it just will literally drain ON THE CHARGER! It does display that it is indeed charging like the battery symbol and the lightning bolt inside of it and everything and the red light also, but 10 minutes after I plug my phone into its charger it either shows the percentage went down or the red light just simply isn't on anymore/it refused to charge after 10 minutes ! What is the problem with my Motorola Triumph ?! :(

The phone charger does work on my mom's phone which is an HTC Wildfire perfectly fine....it's just my phone it will not hold a charge or it drains on the charger even though it displays it is charging.

I ordered a replacement battery and I plugged it in at 9pm and when I looked at it as I turned on the phone while it was on the charger, it said the battery % level was at 60%....that's strange considering it's a new battery. Then ever since, the battery level was decreased to 45% in 4 hours!

HELP ME PLEASE! I can't get a replacement phone since I am no longer under Virgin Mobile warranty, my dad will be so pissed off if he finds out I need a new phone! When I called Virgin Mobile Tech Center, they told me the problem was the battery and if those douchebags lied to me and it's actually an internal issue, I'm going to be the most angry person on this planet

Last edited: