process.android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly error/Motorola Triumph

Kristi Bell

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago, my Motorola Triumph started getting an error when I tried to open up my contact app. This is the only app having issues, everything else works on the phone. I erased the contact list, did a factory reset twice, nothing is working. Erased storage, etc. It seems to be an issue lately with several types of phones from what I am reading online? Upon calling Virgin Mobile, well, they recommended buying a new phone, how about that! This one is 1 yr. old, warranty expired a month ago. How lucky.....Anyone have any ideas what to do to fix this issue? Thank you. :p

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago, my Motorola Triumph started getting an error when I tried to open up my contact app. This is the only app having issues, everything else works on the phone. I erased the contact list, did a factory reset twice, nothing is working. Erased storage, etc. It seems to be an issue lately with several types of phones from what I am reading online? Upon calling Virgin Mobile, well, they recommended buying a new phone, how about that! This one is 1 yr. old, warranty expired a month ago. How lucky.....Anyone have any ideas what to do to fix this issue? Thank you. :p

As I don't own a Moto phone, I don't know how to do this, but you could try to wipe the phone's cache by rebooting into recovery. Normally, a factory reset would do this, but this is the only thing I can think of that may make a difference.

Or, this may be a little easier. Again, I am using Samsung steps, and I can try to help you if they aren't the same. Go to Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps, and scroll down to Contacts. Tap on it. Should bring up app information. Tap on clear cache, then reboot the phone. See if that helps.

Rebelsiege

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a LGL55C, but had the same problem at the same time. As it turns out, my contacts are sync'd with the phone through Hotmail, and Hotmail has been taken over by Outlook Express. Outlook Express made the Hotmail app that syncs the contacts stop working, and required customers to replace the app with the Outlook Express mail app. Because they did that to everyone who uses Hotmail with their smart phone at the same time (apparently), whenever I tried to install the Outlook Express app, the installation failed. Several days later, I was able to install Outlook Express, sync my Hotmail contacts to my phone through Outlook and uninstall the Hotmail app. Now everything is working, all my contacts are available and I don't get the error message. I think any similar situation, regardless of the type of phone or which email you use, may cause the same error message. In that case, the phone just isn't connecting to whatever email your contacts are stored through.

KellM

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Fixed for me : To confirm Rebelsiege's experience, uninstalling Hotmail on my Motorola Triumph stopped the "process.android.acore" error from appearing every time I clicked on a Contact. I had been skeptical to try uninstalling Hotmail because I was *not* syncing my Contacts with Hotmail and I had not yet installed Outlook. I had previously tried most of the other suggestions I'd found on the web including uninstalling synced apps (Vonage) and clearing the data from Contacts (and Contacts Sync and Contacts Storage). I subsequently installed Outlook and reinstalled Vonage and all is still well.

smukesh1

May 11, 2013
Visit site
after cleared all contact and its data if the problem is same means you are using a app that is sync your contacts like nimbuz or oovoo etc.
just reset your factory under setting >privacy>factory reset. it will earase all the data which you have in phone memory so take a backup before dong it so that u may restore the back later.
after reset the phone check your contact now opening properly.
just check the contacts after installing the every app which is using contact (syncronize), dont use that or contact the admin of the app regarding the bug.

Mukesh

andy_black

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi I had this error message: The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

This was the error message I received when I tried to access my contact list. What I did to fix it was to uninstall all the apps that I had recently had updates for. Once they were uninstalled I had no problem accessing contacts. Then I added back one at a time until I found that it was the most recent facebook update that had caused the conflict.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084