Available late July according to Motorola

bb6h22lude

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Scroll down for the Triumph info. Moto is saying it should be out July. Anyone see any hints of pricing?

Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Press Releases - Sprint and Motorola Forge Renewed Business Relationship That Extends Device Innovation
Didn't see any hints of pricing. If the optimus v was 149 when it came out and then a month later jumped it up 50 bucks im guessing that this phone will be 250-350 price range. I just hope it has an unlocked bootloader :)

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
When the Optimus V came out, it was on sale for $129.99 at Best Buy. I'm betting this thing won't have an "introductory price," and that it will probably run a cool $300 or more.

bradmc

May 8, 2011
bradmc.com
I don't think I'd be willing to go more than $200 at this point.

I bought the (non-android) LG Rumor Touch when it came out, then the Samsung Intercept right when it came out, then the Optimus right when it came out... getting tired of buying a new phone every six months! I like the Optimus enough I could see just staying with it.

The Triumph's 4.1" screen and HD video are the only reason I could see even paying $200.

ZombieHack

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that I'm paying 60+ bucks a month for a verizon feature phone with 100 txts, and VZ navigator. This phone looks to be on par with Droid Incredible 1 & 2, and if it launches in the sub $200 bracket I'll be floored. I'm hoping for at most $250; it's still previous gen hardware, but it really is exceptional for the pay as you go market.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely that's true but I am anticipating a higher price range however considering that boost had their MOTO i1 set at 3xx for some time. I am cutting myself off of monster energy drinks and other not so needful things to have this phone haha. But yeah I don't think it would be more than 349.00. Let's hope for less!:D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

gimmi80

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to this phone but my max is $250.
I actually think it should be $199 and the optimus should go down to its original $149.

All in all, it's a nice phone, but it's last year hardware...

ZombieHack

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
@moto_andriod_mick Completely agree, I quit cigs to afford my cell bill (and breathing), I won't have to scrimp this time, since it'll be significantly cheaper monthly to change my provider! And caffeine is always essential, just kick over to home brewed coffee. I think I would tear my skin off without that miracle fluid...

@gimmi80 It's true, it is last years hardware, but plenty of major carriers are performing minor tweaks on that same hardware and releasing it as the new thing (DIinc2, DCharge? No reason to charge $200+ for a 1 GHz processor on contract!) I do agree that they should stagger the prices on the other 2 android phones in their repitoire, that way there'll be some choices available.

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
On android central report, the pr said the phone was only 129 dollars. Several people are still waiting for.confirmation.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The one thing virgin does not want to do is over price it. It may still attract existing customers to an certain extent however it will not sway new customers to switch for the simple fact that for the most part those who choose to use prepay are broke like myself and do not have the money to divvy up enough cash to by an overpriced phone. I'm sure it will be a little spendy but not outside anyone's reach. The powers that be need their little slice of the pie haha! Thinking further I actually believe it won't be any more than 250 - 300 during launch! Who knows I'm always wrong about this stuff..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Grimmlokk

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd guess the $129 is a guess based on where the Optimus V started. But they learned fast with that they could charge more easily since it sold out everywhere. My guess is $250-300 range as well.

I could live with 300, I'd be pretty happy with 250. At either price you're still coming out way way ahead of any on-contract comparable phones.

I was 1 day away from ordering an Optimus V when they announced this phone. Glad I was reading Endgadget that day.

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Metro PCS sells the Samsung Intercept for $399.00 when it first came out they now have a $100.00 instant savings discount making it $299.00 & that has a 3 mp camera. I think this phone is going to be at least 300.00 to 350.00. possibly more......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol