Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Available late July according to Motorola

Scroll down for the Triumph info. Moto is saying it should be out July. Anyone see any hints of pricing?

Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Press Releases - Sprint and Motorola Forge Renewed Business Relationship That Extends Device Innovation

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by notserpmh View Post
    Scroll down for the Triumph info. Moto is saying it should be out July. Anyone see any hints of pricing?

Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Press Releases - Sprint and Motorola Forge Renewed Business Relationship That Extends Device Innovation
    Didn't see any hints of pricing. If the optimus v was 149 when it came out and then a month later jumped it up 50 bucks im guessing that this phone will be 250-350 price range. I just hope it has an unlocked bootloader

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2, Mango

When the Optimus V came out, it was on sale for $129.99 at Best Buy. I'm betting this thing won't have an "introductory price," and that it will probably run a cool $300 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsinger75 View Post
    When the Optimus V came out, it was on sale for $129.99 at Best Buy. I'm betting this thing won't have an "introductory price," and that it will probably run a cool $300 or more.
    i really hope not. im hoping for it to be around $199 or less at launch

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2, Mango

Quote Originally Posted by girldroid View Post
    i really hope not. im hoping for it to be around $199 or less at launch
    I would love to see that as well. We'll just have to wait and see within the coming weeks.

I don't think I'd be willing to go more than $200 at this point.

I bought the (non-android) LG Rumor Touch when it came out, then the Samsung Intercept right when it came out, then the Optimus right when it came out... getting tired of buying a new phone every six months! I like the Optimus enough I could see just staying with it.

The Triumph's 4.1" screen and HD video are the only reason I could see even paying $200.

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Go to my thread under in the moto triumph area if you want gingerbread stock on this phone and an unlocked boot loader
    ZombieHacks Avatar

ROM
    CM7 w/ ChevyNo1's 1.1 LV

All I know is that I'm paying 60+ bucks a month for a verizon feature phone with 100 txts, and VZ navigator. This phone looks to be on par with Droid Incredible 1 & 2, and if it launches in the sub $200 bracket I'll be floored. I'm hoping for at most $250; it's still previous gen hardware, but it really is exceptional for the pay as you go market.

ROM
    I.H.O BACKside

Absolutely that's true but I am anticipating a higher price range however considering that boost had their MOTO i1 set at 3xx for some time. I am cutting myself off of monster energy drinks and other not so needful things to have this phone haha. But yeah I don't think it would be more than 349.00. Let's hope for less!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Bumblebee

I look forward to this phone but my max is $250.
    I actually think it should be $199 and the optimus should go down to its original $149.

All in all, it's a nice phone, but it's last year hardware...
    Optimus V> Motorola Triumph
    Bye bye iPhone, I'm done paying $80 a month! I love Android!
    Kickbacks referral code pDL6Fou0
    ZombieHacks Avatar

ROM
    CM7 w/ ChevyNo1's 1.1 LV

@moto_andriod_mick Completely agree, I quit cigs to afford my cell bill (and breathing), I won't have to scrimp this time, since it'll be significantly cheaper monthly to change my provider! And caffeine is always essential, just kick over to home brewed coffee. I think I would tear my skin off without that miracle fluid...

@gimmi80 It's true, it is last years hardware, but plenty of major carriers are performing minor tweaks on that same hardware and releasing it as the new thing (DIinc2, DCharge? No reason to charge $200+ for a 1 GHz processor on contract!) I do agree that they should stagger the prices on the other 2 android phones in their repitoire, that way there'll be some choices available.

This phone looks kind of similar Cincinnati Bell's Huawei Ascend X. According to their website, it's $350 off contract (Huawei Ascend X | Cincinnati Bell Wireless Cell Phones Cincinnati). Hopefully Virgin keeps the price lower than that.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity

On android central report, the pr said the phone was only 129 dollars. Several people are still waiting for.confirmation.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RoboWarrior View Post
    On android central report, the pr said the phone was only 129 dollars. Several people are still waiting for.confirmation.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    No way in hell this phone will be any less then $200.

ROM
    I.H.O BACKside

The one thing virgin does not want to do is over price it. It may still attract existing customers to an certain extent however it will not sway new customers to switch for the simple fact that for the most part those who choose to use prepay are broke like myself and do not have the money to divvy up enough cash to by an overpriced phone. I'm sure it will be a little spendy but not outside anyone's reach. The powers that be need their little slice of the pie haha! Thinking further I actually believe it won't be any more than 250 - 300 during launch! Who knows I'm always wrong about this stuff..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I'd guess the $129 is a guess based on where the Optimus V started. But they learned fast with that they could charge more easily since it sold out everywhere. My guess is $250-300 range as well.

I could live with 300, I'd be pretty happy with 250. At either price you're still coming out way way ahead of any on-contract comparable phones.

I was 1 day away from ordering an Optimus V when they announced this phone. Glad I was reading Endgadget that day.

ROM
    MIUI

I'll have to dig up where I saw it but I believe the Optimus V did get bumped back down to 149.99

Or is very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
    I'll have to dig up where I saw it but I believe the Optimus V did get bumped back down to 149.99

Or is very soon.
    Yeah on the Virgin Mobile twitter account they said that the V is back down to $150, it makes me think that the Triumph will be $200.

ROM
    stock

Metro PCS sells the Samsung Intercept for $399.00 when it first came out they now have a $100.00 instant savings discount making it $299.00 & that has a 3 mp camera. I think this phone is going to be at least 300.00 to 350.00. possibly more......
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Ill bet 450
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

I am in for 249 - loss leader to draw new customers like myself away from vzw and att with last year's high end devices and annoyingly high bills.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Isn't keeping Triumph stock 2.2 without Motoblur a way to make the price a bit cheaper? However Virgin is definitely trying to appeal to the public with its low plans and an actually nice phone... So they know people will pay for it, because of the way people flung to the Optimus (like myself). I do wonder if they are thinking about how their network got congested and outages happened when everybody jumped on the Optimus bandwagon, as the rumor goes. With a phone like this, it may be twice as worse.

I do wish it had Motoblur.... Pure Vanilla seems so bland to me on my Optimus. I'm jealous of people with Sense.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Pure Android is so much better sense blur and touchwiz all have lag and take up lots of precious space on devices.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I understand that. To each his own?

But Virgin not letting them put Motoblur may be a way to make the introductory price lower, if they even have one. I could see them having one, just to reel in more customers, but without one they will still get plenty of business with this phone.

What are the chances we can load custom roms no this? Any chance we might be able to upgrade this bad boy to Gingerbread goodness?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast