Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How much do you think the Triumph will sell for?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • $199.99

6 12.24%
  • $249.99

17 34.69%
  • $299.99

21 42.86%
  • $349.99

4 8.16%
  • $399.99

1 2.04%
  • $449.99 or more!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Default No one knows yet but how about price on this bad boy?

Really interested to see pricing on this sucker. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make the first guesstimate. At least $349.99 is what I was telling my girlfriend but the more I think about it I'm going to say at least $399.99 but probably more
    Last edited by joshua.worth; 06-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.

i am really hoping for $299 or less
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I wish

Please add a price poll

$299 is my guess
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation
    Recordist

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

My guess on debut price is $249. That's what the Blackberry premiered at and it was a huge event for VM at the time, as is the Triumph. I could also see it debuting at $299, but no higher.

Sent from my VM670

I guess well just have to wait and see how the build quality is. All Huawei really does is the integration of parts from other manufacturers, such as the battery, chipset, lcd, and other electronic components. I imagine all they do is integrate all the chips onto a pcb, fabricate a plastic case and stamp their logo on it.
    Optimus V w/ MiRaGe CM7.2 @ 768mhz, latest sprint PRL

ROM
    Bumblebee

If this phone is more than $250, forget it... my Optimus is fine enough.
    Optimus V> Motorola Triumph
    Bye bye iPhone, I'm done paying $80 a month! I love Android!
    Kickbacks referral code pDL6Fou0

Quote Originally Posted by gimmi80 View Post
    If this phone is more than $250, forget it... my Optimus is fine enough.
    Agreed if its more than $250,than my optimus is good enough

i think it will be no less then 300,it is still a no contract phone,with cheap service.

ROM
    CM7

Realistically I'd say $250. However, from there it could go up or down after release.
    Hipster Retro Jelly Bean

ROM
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean!

Just talked to one of my best buy friends. No dice. I will talk to the other soon, though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
    Please add a price poll

$299 is my guess
    Poll added! And knowing what I know now about Huawei having a part in this (no pun intended) I agree that's my vote

Default Huawei Glory Pricing

So if the Huawei Glory is going to be $300, is there any way the Triumph can be more than that? The specs are a better for the Glory so I cannot see the Triumph being $300 or more.

This gives me more hope that it will be in the $250 or (hopefully) less range.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I'm thinking 299 is the least this will go for the screen is bigger on the Triumph

For real.....the price is between 239.99 and 299.99 add that option to the poll. The Max that vm would go is 400 if they was crazy enough which they are not, not even 401 only 400.
    If you see me coming you better get out of the say cause I'm a one man murder scene...

I am a Android running on a one million processor with 11 cores....UNSTOPABLE BABY

News from cnet that indicates a $250 or less price.

"Virgin Mobile hasn't announced pricing for the new phone yet, but its other high-end smartphones, such as the Samsung Intercept, LG Optimus V, and BlackBerry Curve 8530 range in price from $179 to $249. And Chambers (who manages Sprint's prepaid product portfolio) indicated that the Triumph would likely fall in this range."

Looking for a smartphone bargain? Check out prepaid | Signal Strength - CNET News

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeScott View Post
    News from cnet that indicates a $250 or less price.

"Virgin Mobile hasn't announced pricing for the new phone yet, but its other high-end smartphones, such as the Samsung Intercept, LG Optimus V, and BlackBerry Curve 8530 range in price from $179 to $249. And Chambers (who manages Sprint's prepaid product portfolio) indicated that the Triumph would likely fall in this range."

Looking for a smartphone bargain? Check out prepaid | Signal Strength - CNET News
    Unlikely, you got to think like vm; still making alot of profit and getting alot of buyers = 239.99 - 299.99
    If you see me coming you better get out of the say cause I'm a one man murder scene...

I am a Android running on a one million processor with 11 cores....UNSTOPABLE BABY

Quote Originally Posted by austrie View Post
    Unlikely, you got to think like vm; still making alot of profit and getting alot of buyers = 239.99 - 299.99
    VM does not sell phones at a profit, they make their money from the service
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation

While that is partly true why dont vm just give away the phones free and let the store sell the phone and let the store keep all the cash if that is true.....

In fact, why don't they PAY us to use their phones!!!!

We could use all that free money to buy more strawmen!

Quote Originally Posted by austrie View Post
    While that is partly true why dont vm just give away the phones free and let the store sell the phone and let the store keep all the cash if that is true.....
    Because retail stores only sell items for profit, probably doubling the price of each phone and driving away all of VM customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    In fact, why don't they PAY us to use their phones!!!!

We could use all that free money to buy more strawmen!
    I see what you did there.

Arrow

Ok lets put it like this, vm sells the phones to the stores(retailers) but vm sets the price of how much the phone will sell for and stores keep the money....they make money off the service and the store-aka-the phones

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: No one knows yet but how about price on this bad boy?

Yada yada $299.99 on pre-sale at Best Buy

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Default Re: No one knows yet but how about price on this bad boy?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    Yada yada $299.99 on pre-sale at Best Buy
    Which seems quite reasonable for an Android of this caliber...I am definitely in at that price!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast