Motorola Triumph Pre-Order Best Buy

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So $300. Given the OV's $150 price tag, that's about how much I was expecting.

I'm sticking with my OV for now. My wife is switching to Virgin Mobile when her AT&T contract expires in November. Maybe by then the Triumph's price will drop, and I can buy it while my wife takes my OV. We'll see though!

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You guys are on virgin mobile to save money why spend 12 months of service on a new phone, that's not saving money.

Sent from my Optimus V

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
You guys are on virgin mobile to save money why spend 12 months of service on a new phone, that's not saving money.

Sent from my Optimus V

I can understand what you are saying,but if you look at the features of this phone it's hard to resist.and you still save money over a high end contract phone on the monthly service.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com

Sent from my Optimus V

Why not spend your savings on a new, awesome device? Also selling the OV for as much as I paid for it will make it free for the past few months I had it which was a major upgrade over the Intercept I had. Same might happen with the next upgrade, and so on.

grconn

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Optimus V

It is when compared to getting a high end post paid phone. Even if you were to get an equivalent phone for free on a postpaid network, the service could cost upwards of 1000 dollars for a year compared to the price of the phone and the price of the lower end unlimited date plan with VM (300 + 300), still saving 400 a year and that is assuming that the post paid phone is free.

Reactions: rookie84

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Even at 300 it is totally worth it to me. I stand to save 100 a month from verizon to virgin. I an going to sell my verizon fascinate and my wifes droid x and just about break even on buying the triumphs. Then save monthly.

I look at the bill the other way - moving to virgin you save money, and I want a phone that will give me the most bang for my 25 bucks a month - that is the triumph by far.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

mdlsimpson

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Motorola's website shows 1 Ghz on the processor...also... I got a VM OV when it was first released and it was only $129 at Target and then it rocketed to $199.99... where it is still there at Walmart... so early buy may get the best introductory price.... maybe!

MrTweaker

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Motorola's website shows 1 Ghz on the processor...also... I got a VM OV when it was first released and it was only $129 at Target and then it rocketed to $199.99... where it is still there at Walmart... so early buy may get the best introductory price.... maybe!

Hi Everybody,
I am a newly registered poster here. I have an Optimus V with VM and I really like it except for the size. I am a boomer and my eyes have a hard time with it, so I am getting this phone due to it being larger and having a better camera, though I like the camera on the OV.

Anyway in response to the quote above - I like your point. After I got my OV, the price went up due to it's extreme popularity - the Moto will be in super high demand once the general public finds out about it.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyway in response to the quote above - I like your point. After I got my OV, the price went up due to it's extreme popularity - the Moto will be in super high demand once the general public finds out about it.

And VM's network is in high demand too, which they are having a tough time with. I tried out the OV for a month on a different phone number before deciding to port my ATT number 3 months later. I was even willing to pay the ETF, which was going to pay for itself in a couple of months in perceived savings. During the trial period of month 1, I was averaging 600-800 mbps downloads with a good data connection. Once I decided to port over (I had a 3 month window where my VM account was inactive), my average dropped to 200 mbps and I had frequent data outages. This was at the end of the $129 sale for the OV, so a lot of users were switching over. VM admitted on the phone at least once that they were having problems keeping up with new users. I switched back to ATT simply because the cost of saving $35 a month (on the ATT family plan - still had to have one phone that would get a signal in rural areas) was not worth it to me if the network was unreliable, and the fact that I used a lot more than 300 minutes in a month (which moving to the $40/ month plan made the savings even less). I even tried GrooveIP to get around the minutes issue, but because the network was so slow, I had major issues making calls over VOIP. I am more than willing to try out the Triumph and VM again to see if the network has improved, but I will sit back for now and see how it works out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19