Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Screen Banding Issue on rooted X. Now what?

My Droid X last night got the screen banding issue which I guess was a problem for the original X's.
    Here is what it looks like:

So the question is can I send it back rooted and rom'ed? If I can't see the screen how can I revert it back to stock?
    Wondering if I am out of luck here.....
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

You can always try and sbf. That will go back to stock. Not sure if it will fix the other issue but then you would be able to send back stock.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Default Re: Screen Banding Issue on rooted X. Now what?

well if it helps you really dont need to see that bottom half of the screen to SBF. And who knows, maybe the sbf reboot will kick start it back into view for as long as u need.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by cadis12 View Post
    My Droid X last night got the screen banding issue which I guess was a problem for the original X's.
    Here is what it looks like:

So the question is can I send it back rooted and rom'ed? If I can't see the screen how can I revert it back to stock?
    Wondering if I am out of luck here.....
    I doubt they will be checking to see if it is rooted and rom'ed. Send it back, most likely the first impression when they fire it up will be "Oh defective screen" and not bother with anything else. Besides that is your only choice.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    I doubt they will be checking to see if it is rooted and rom'ed. Send it back, most likely the first impression when they fire it up will be "Oh defective screen" and not bother with anything else. Besides that is your only choice.
    I think I am going to try and SBF it after I get the replacement phone tomorrow. I have looked at some SBF tutorials and it appears I really don't need to see the screen to do it. It's all done through RSD lite on the PC. I'm going to wait until Friday to try the SBF so if anyone advises against it please let me know!
    Thanks guys!

I would definitely sbf before you send it back. Like someone said above, most likely they wouldn't care, but you don't want to get refused on the off chance that they decide to be sticklers about it. Rooting and roming didn't cause this obviously, but you may get the one ***** that cares lol. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by RageXmods View Post
    I would definitely sbf before you send it back. Like someone said above, most likely they wouldn't care, but you don't want to get refused on the off chance that they decide to be sticklers about it. Rooting and roming didn't cause this obviously, but you may get the one ***** that cares lol. Just my 2 cents
    I just received a replacement for a bad charge port but the strange part was that they said they needed to verify software version first and then had tech plug it up and checked that info matched the OTA version, I asked what that was about and she said that they have been having a number of returns because of users rooting and using unauthorized software..

I would SBF because it seems that the techs are checking more than you think....
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

It was gona happen eventually. Something gets to a certain size, it becomes widely known. Now they know, and Im sure they have for a while, that rooted devices would become the new PITA for them. Thats probably why they more and more check devices first before just sending out something they had to pay for first. But if you have such a mess up that only an sbf would cure, how would they get into it to see software info and such. An sbf makes everything look legit because it is.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Just a follow-up...

Believe it or not...the night before my replacement was delivered my phone screen went back to normal! I could still use the phone if you knew where to touch the screen to answer calls and such. So now I am wondering if they are going to believe me that the screen was jacked! I did end up SBF'ing the phone anyway and switched over to the Replacement phone. I'm wondering if they are going to think I was lying about the screen.
    The new phone is already on Gingerbread. Now I have to look into rooting Gingerbread and finding a new Rom. I was in love with my Froyo Rubix rom'ed phone . The stock Motorola software is already irritating me. Videos crashing and I swear the sound quality from the headphone jack doesn't sound as crisp. I dunno....maybe I am just paranoid...