CM7 Keyboard Selection

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, did anyone notice any issues with selecting alternate keyboards on CM7? I finally bit the bullet and installed 28 today and most things work fine (save for RealHDMI but I have hope gman will get us a patch eventually...) except for enabling alternate keyboards. When I try to enable an alternate keyboard (Swype Beta, Full Keyboard, MultiLing) the box checks OK, but leaving the screen and coming back the box is unchecked. I also can't check more than one keyboard on the screen, not that it matters since enabling it doesn't stick.

I have CM7 build 28, Gapps, and razorlove's AIO fix zip installed.

1966cah

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have run CM on my OG Droid since 6.0, and I use Swiftkey. Every couple of days, and sometimes sooner, it just unchecks itself. Since the Android keyboard is much improved, sometimes I just leave it that way for a while until I get annoyed again...

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, on a whim I installed nightly 33 before converting back to Liberty. With this new install (no wipe between installs) I had the option of choosing the HanWriting keyboard without selecting it from the Keyboard config screen. I wasn't able to select Swype, but I have a theory that the last keyboard I tried to enable was HanWriting. Working on that I selected Swype (which failed to work), reinstalled 33, and was able to select Swype as a primary (note you'll need the Swype beta, not MotoSwype).

Now the only thing missing is HDMI support but that's probably a long ways off...

I also installed the GTalk with video support on CM7 which works fine. I don't know if this is causing my phone and/or ADW to reboot randomly or if it's something else, but I suspect it's this. When I get the chance I may need to play some more and experiment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress