How to tell if a phone is rooted?

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a X off ebay and it should be here tomorrow. I left blackberry after realizing that Im paying the same money for a phone each month that cant do most of the things a droid can. I was very good at using and abusing the BB but my experiance with android is limited to a few months with a D inc. My real question is how do I know if the phone has been rooted and if so how do I put it back stock and then download GB? Anything you tell me will be a great help, thanks.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Few ways. Most rooted users run clockwork. While the phone is on pull the battery then reinstall and boot. If it boots into some crazy looking screen then its rooted. Or dl a app in the market that needs root and see if it works. Also dl terminal emulator in the market open it you will see a $ type su and hit enter. If you get a super user request or a # your rooted. If you see the superuser icon in your apps your rooted.

sent by CyanogenMod X

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys. Thats more info then I thought I would get. Mac user get a better OS, thats too funny. I have an ipod but thats as far as my money goes to apple.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Download any root only app & try to run it. If it asks for Superuser access & works, it's rooted. If not, it's not rooted. That would be a lot easier for someone new to Android than messing with Clockwork or Terminal Emulator.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

whistlestick

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
tried rootin dx with easy root script v7 an went through but phone is ayin it isnt rooted plz help need finished tonighy

on my htc thunderbolt I am using revolutionary. if you look up nate3mil there is a step by step youtube video. I believe I saw droid x on there passkey drop down box. if you have any questions email me at whistlestick08@yahoo.com

pyeribouy

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I typed the 'su' on my xperia x10a and it showed permission denied. Pls helped!
Few ways. Most rooted users run clockwork. While the phone is on pull the battery then reinstall and boot. If it boots into some crazy looking screen then its rooted. Or dl a app in the market that needs root and see if it works. Also dl terminal emulator in the market open it you will see a $ type su and hit enter. If you get a super user request or a # your rooted. If you see the superuser icon in your apps your rooted.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Chip1035#AC

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had successfully rooted by Droid Razr following the steps at Droid Razr Root!.
Recently I needed to unroot my phone and followed the unroot steps at the same site as above. To verify I was unrooted I performed the following:
Downlaoded ConnectBot via Google Play.
Using ConnectBot, I connected as a local host. Gave it a name "localhost". When connected, I get the follwing
app_158@cdma_spyder:/$
I typed "su" (without quotes), the response came back
su: not found
and brought me back to the app_158@cdma_spyder:/$ prompt

Does this mean I'm back to factory and not rooted?

gamefreak13

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

sent by CyanogenMod X

i downloaded the terminal emulator on my Sony xperia play and typed in "su" it said "access denied"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12