Help with this situation

primetime34

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who has a Droid X. He had it rooted solely for wireless tethering. It was updated to Gingerbread which, unbeknownst to him, took off the root and thus the functionality of wireless tethering. He never backed it up with Titanium, and really doesn't want to have to start over with all his apps, but most important, having to redo his corporate sync on his phone. So, what can be done to get root back on the phone without having to redo everything, or is there an option to restore? Or, is there a wireless tethering option that doesn't require root? I appreciate your help.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Rooting wont wipe the device. The easy way is look for zroot app and its a one click. Not 100% sure if it works on the new build as I'm not running it.

sent by CyanogenMod X

primetime34

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So is there any way to do any kind of tethering (wifi or otherwise) without root? I would prefer wifi but would take usb if I had to. I really don't think we want to go through wiping the phone. He wouldn't like that option very much.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So is there any way to do any kind of tethering (wifi or otherwise) without root? I would prefer wifi but would take usb if I had to. I really don't think we want to go through wiping the phone. He wouldn't like that option very much.

Look for the keyword "tether" in the Market. Then get an app direct from the developer, as the Market itself bows to the carrier's wishes and lists them all as incompatible with Verizon. There are at least two listed that do not require root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz