MIUI Ported to the X

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ME!!!! Ive been waiting for this! This was my all time favorite ROM on my Dinc. Finally a reason to re-sbf and root again(no offense CM7 crew)

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe so as long as your on a Froyo kernel. Im getting some screen shots goin now, it installed flawlessly once I sbf'd back to Froyo. Oh all the settings to go thru. I love this stuff. I sent cvpcs and the dev team some love for it. This is good work.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
And here we are, my new home screen. MIUI on the X! Soon to be customized to the max. First things first, back-up.

MIUI-X.jpg

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded it earlier. Flashing now.

edit: Very, very cool. Gonna be fun to play with for a few days. (that's what she said)

I'll report back when I get deep enough into it. (that's what he said)

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
if you're on CM7, there's no need to SBf is there? Can't you just wipe and install from CM7?

Yup no sbf needed as CyanogenMod kernel is froyo. Could go back and forth if you want. I may play with this one day. Besides the graphics any neat stuff with it?

sent by CyanogenMod X

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup no sbf needed as CyanogenMod kernel is froyo. Could go back and forth if you want. I may play with this one day. Besides the graphics any neat stuff with it?

sent by CyanogenMod X

Depends on what YOU consider neat cuz its full of neat stuff IMO lol. It is a bit different in function. I remember I went from CM7 to this on my Dinc and it took some getting used to. And yes stock it does look like an iphone but with the HUGE customization options for our devices, that wont last long. For example..http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1134657. I'm not sure how much has been written over for the X yet but I am keeping track best I can. Either way, there's enough customization options in the ROM itself now you wont have to worry yet. Oh and it also has 1% increments as a stock option for the battery. I know we all love that, ROM preference irrelevant.

Not having an app drawer may seem confusing for a bit also.

The only thing that isnt working for me so far is boot anims. Whether I chose one individually or as part of the theming packages, I still get the "stock" spinning Earth MIUI logo.

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh and also for anyone that is thinking of trying it, you will find alot of your choices in the Chinese language. This was a ROM developed by Chinese developers, then ported and designed in other languages by devs who fell in love with the OG Chinese version. Their download page consists of all the language versions available, yet even dating back to last year, we couldnt figure out why the US version still had so much Chinese language in it. Maybe they didnt have a FT translator,lol but still give it a whirl, its fun and smooth...here's some educational reading on it. http://en.miui.com/

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I read also of the built in recovery similar to CM7 and also built in screenshot. :)

sent using TaPaTaLk

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I read also of the built in recovery similar to CM7 and also built in screenshot. :)

sent using TaPaTaLk

And if you find their locations within the ROM please share, I havent used this in over a year and don't remember where they are. There is a Droid X forum on MIUI but it is minuscule in size compared to us so it isnt any help yet. Were gona have to do as much as we can here. This page..http://www.miui.us/ may also hold some useful info. MIUI is a ROM that requires you to bookmark alot of pages to keep up with it.

Edit..backup is in the main Tools app. You can do it locally or, join MIUI online and backup online.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Recovery Reboot: Click menu in "System Update" to reboot and enter recovery.

Screen Shotpress "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the samee time to print a screen. The printed image is saved in the directory of MIUI in the sd card.

sent using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, yes I have that in my bookmark pool. I sent the error report in so maybe they will check on it. Torch also doesn't work it seems(hold home while screen is locked). It will appear on screen but the light doesnt activate and you cant tap on/off Torch.

mike86325#AC

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've been checking this one out for a bit and it looks very tempting. I'd much rather have CM7, but this just seems to be so much more polished.

One question though, does the 8MP camera and 720p video work on this? and are there any other problems with the rom? Seems like everything works fine though from what I've read, especially with the new market app fix that just came out.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've been checking this one out for a bit and it looks very tempting. I'd much rather have CM7, but this just seems to be so much more polished.

One question though, does the 8MP camera and 720p video work on this? and are there any other problems with the rom? Seems like everything works fine though from what I've read, especially with the new market app fix that just came out.

Camera
IMG_20110723_204936.jpg

Video

mike86325#AC

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So what I've gathered after reading a ton of threads is that we do have 8MP picture-taking (but no widescreen) and we do not have 720p video (only up to 480p). Also, I have heard that we can't play back prerecorded 720p vids. Definitely a bummer, but I think I still might make the change since everything else looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz