Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Default MIUI Ported to the X

MIUI Ported to the X, who is going to try it?

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Default Re: MIUI Ported to the X

ME!!!! Ive been waiting for this! This was my all time favorite ROM on my Dinc. Finally a reason to re-sbf and root again(no offense CM7 crew)
    Last edited by jerseyboy357; 07-22-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans, Build 2

if you're on CM7, there's no need to SBf is there? Can't you just wipe and install from CM7?
    BB Storm 1 --> Droid X --> Galaxy S3

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

I believe so as long as your on a Froyo kernel. Im getting some screen shots goin now, it installed flawlessly once I sbf'd back to Froyo. Oh all the settings to go thru. I love this stuff. I sent cvpcs and the dev team some love for it. This is good work.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

And here we are, my new home screen. MIUI on the X! Soon to be customized to the max. First things first, back-up.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

My god the boot animation choices have definitely been beefed up, WOW. I simply cannot choose lol

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Downloaded it earlier. Flashing now.

edit: Very, very cool. Gonna be fun to play with for a few days. (that's what she said)

I'll report back when I get deep enough into it. (that's what he said)
    Last edited by JungleLarry; 07-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by droidxixis View Post
    if you're on CM7, there's no need to SBf is there? Can't you just wipe and install from CM7?
    Yup no sbf needed as CyanogenMod kernel is froyo. Could go back and forth if you want. I may play with this one day. Besides the graphics any neat stuff with it?

sent by CyanogenMod X

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Talking Re: MIUI Ported to the X

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Yup no sbf needed as CyanogenMod kernel is froyo. Could go back and forth if you want. I may play with this one day. Besides the graphics any neat stuff with it?

sent by CyanogenMod X
    Depends on what YOU consider neat cuz its full of neat stuff IMO lol. It is a bit different in function. I remember I went from CM7 to this on my Dinc and it took some getting used to. And yes stock it does look like an iphone but with the HUGE customization options for our devices, that wont last long. For example... I'm not sure how much has been written over for the X yet but I am keeping track best I can. Either way, there's enough customization options in the ROM itself now you wont have to worry yet. Oh and it also has 1% increments as a stock option for the battery. I know we all love that, ROM preference irrelevant.

Not having an app drawer may seem confusing for a bit also.

The only thing that isnt working for me so far is boot anims. Whether I chose one individually or as part of the theming packages, I still get the "stock" spinning Earth MIUI logo.
    Last edited by jerseyboy357; 07-23-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added link

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I gunno have to check this Rom out too ,looks like lots of customizations are possible

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Oh and also for anyone that is thinking of trying it, you will find alot of your choices in the Chinese language. This was a ROM developed by Chinese developers, then ported and designed in other languages by devs who fell in love with the OG Chinese version. Their download page consists of all the language versions available, yet even dating back to last year, we couldnt figure out why the US version still had so much Chinese language in it. Maybe they didnt have a FT translator,lol but still give it a whirl, its fun and smooth...here's some educational reading on it.

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I read also of the built in recovery similar to CM7 and also built in screenshot.

sent using TaPaTaLk

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I read also of the built in recovery similar to CM7 and also built in screenshot.

sent using TaPaTaLk
    And if you find their locations within the ROM please share, I havent used this in over a year and don't remember where they are. There is a Droid X forum on MIUI but it is minuscule in size compared to us so it isnt any help yet. Were gona have to do as much as we can here. This page.. may also hold some useful info. MIUI is a ROM that requires you to bookmark alot of pages to keep up with it.

Edit..backup is in the main Tools app. You can do it locally or, join MIUI online and backup online.
    Last edited by jerseyboy357; 07-23-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Recovery Reboot: Click menu in "System Update" to reboot and enter recovery.

Screen Shotpress "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the samee time to print a screen. The printed image is saved in the directory of MIUI in the sd card.

sent using TaPaTaLk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

When I tap Settings-System-About Phone-scroll down to System Updates and tap it, I get a FC

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I haven't flashed it yet but this link is where I read that, post #4 under tips and tricks

sent using TaPaTaLk

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Gotcha, yes I have that in my bookmark pool. I sent the error report in so maybe they will check on it. Torch also doesn't work it seems(hold home while screen is locked). It will appear on screen but the light doesnt activate and you cant tap on/off Torch.

Ok, so I've been checking this one out for a bit and it looks very tempting. I'd much rather have CM7, but this just seems to be so much more polished.

One question though, does the 8MP camera and 720p video work on this? and are there any other problems with the rom? Seems like everything works fine though from what I've read, especially with the new market app fix that just came out.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by mike86325 View Post
    Ok, so I've been checking this one out for a bit and it looks very tempting. I'd much rather have CM7, but this just seems to be so much more polished.

One question though, does the 8MP camera and 720p video work on this? and are there any other problems with the rom? Seems like everything works fine though from what I've read, especially with the new market app fix that just came out.

Camera

Video

So what I've gathered after reading a ton of threads is that we do have 8MP picture-taking (but no widescreen) and we do not have 720p video (only up to 480p). Also, I have heard that we can't play back prerecorded 720p vids. Definitely a bummer, but I think I still might make the change since everything else looks great.

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

My benchmark with stock voltage

sent using TaPaTaLk

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy357 View Post
    The only thing that isnt working for me so far is boot anims. Whether I chose one individually or as part of the theming packages, I still get the "stock" spinning Earth MIUI logo.
    Same here. Is this a bug?

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

It could be two things. It could be a "bug" or it could be just some of them do not work on the X, which Im not sure would be considered a bug, maybe cuz its been ported to the X. I am currently using the Ash Bolt theme which every thing but the boot anim works. All the files are there but it still loads the default MIUI boot screen. I also tried a couple of the Chinese character-ed themes and the same result. Could be I just havent picked one from the humongous list that actually works.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

I started running Quadrants just now. I dont know exactly why, if someone cares to explain that would be awesome, the numbers kept going up each time I ran one. Im not doing anything to the phone to make it do that. I started off with a 2136 and after the 5th...

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I think the more times you run Quadrant it shows it a lil faster each time .On my post above that was my second run of quadrant.
    Since the update patch tho my stock camera stopped working ,lol it worked before flashing the patch .I have vignette tho so it not a big deal. They added a torch button too
Page 1 of 30 1234 ... LastLast