CM7 - change recovery from Clockwork to Droidx (2int)?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to CM7, but I had purchased ROM Manager quite sometime ago. I would like to stay up to date with the Nightlies but cannot figure out how to change my recovery to Droid2 (2int) from Clockwork Recovery Mod. Can someone help point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
In ROM Manager, select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then Droid X (2nd-init). Then, the first time you want to boot into CWM, do it via ROM Manager (Reboot into Recovery) to make sure it sticks.

Reactions: Srambo217

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
what's the difference between CWR and this 2nd init? i'm using the standard CWR and it's working fine with both miui and cm7

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the link, i'll check it out.
i'm not using boot strapper.. when installed cm7 it came with a version of CWR and that's what i've been using, i didn't install anything extra (i.e. 2nd init)

Tone_Capone

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the status bar not working in clockwork? Mine does not work when backing up or flashing anything.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I wholeheartedly guarantee you, you are not flashing cm7 and miui without 2int.

I don't use rom manager. so i didn't flash any "2nd init" as other have said you had to do to get into CWR.
my CWR is also not orange, it's green.

i rooted froyo with z4, installed d2boot strapper and then installed CVPS's original rom manually in CWR.
that's it.
i've upgraded to a dozen or so nightlies and then switched to miui which i'm running now

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I tried miui I did not use rom manager either I used bootstrap recovery to boot me into clockwork and installed miui from the zip I downloaded... and yeah it worked... maybe I was lucky?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't use rom manager. so i didn't flash any "2nd init" as other have said you had to do to get into CWR.
my CWR is also not orange, it's green.

i rooted froyo with z4, installed d2boot strapper and then installed CVPS's original rom manually in CWR.
that's it.
i've upgraded to a dozen or so nightlies and then switched to miui which i'm running now
2nd int is the only program that allows Roms to run free on the hardware. Without it, Motorola 2int processes load up and write to the partitions. Meh, software does strange things and while I would never recommend loading cm7 or miui different than the devs support, sounds like you may have a rom running, it could be so much healthier and proper if you allow 2int to kill Motorola's 2int load from boot.
When I tried miui I did not use rom manager either I used bootstrap recovery to boot me into clockwork and installed miui from the zip I downloaded... and yeah it worked... maybe I was lucky?
lucky, if you look at like that. I have tried said method and it failed.I would recommend no one run these roms without 2int.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
but what about your guarantee? lol

more healthy? everything is running fine for me. except known ROM bugs that everyone else is having to

Last edited:

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you know exactly what your taking about johnly.
if your on GB you can sbf back to froyo, use z4root to root, install bootstrap and use that to boot to CWM to install MIUI. From that point on you then need to stick to using rom manager..
MIUI Bug Reports/Support

Cheers

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure you know exactly what your taking about johnly.
if your on GB you can sbf back to froyo, use z4root to root, install bootstrap and use that to boot to CWM to install MIUI. From that point on you then need to stick to using rom manager..
MIUI Bug Reports/Support

Cheers

i never use rom mgr. haven't in over a year.
i'm not saying you can't.. i'm just saying you don't need to

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38