I've had no problem rooting my previous DX along with my girlfriend and friends phones as well. I've also never had a problem when I was on blackberry. I've been to every forum I could find and downloaded and installed so many different RSLite programs along with .340 files. I keep on getting a fail when I try to sbf my phone so I can get it rooted. I've been doing this sort of thing for years and fully read all instructions so I know it's not me. Are the new replacement DX's locked or something? Any help would certainly be appreciated.
    08-04-2011 10:46 PM
    Nope I just got a replacement. First thing i did was boot up check for GB. Then did a sbf then flash my rooted GB then cm7 and then restored all my apps and finally 30mins later after my phone was set up I called *228 and activated my new X. Check MyDroidWorld.com they have alot good info. I use rsd and what I sbf I hot from tbh app.
    08-04-2011 10:59 PM
    Rsd can be finicky. Try reloading drivers and use a different usb. If rsd sees the x, then it isn't the phone (though if the hardware is borked?) possible, but that would show initially.
    08-04-2011 11:04 PM
    why not use the maderstock zip?
    08-05-2011 10:29 AM
    You can SBF back to FroYo from inside the TBH app? That's the bomb if so.

Nope I just got a replacement. First thing i did their boot up check for GB. Then did a sbf then flash my rooted GB then cm7 and then restored all my apps and finally 30mins later after my phone was set up I called *228 and activated my new X. Check MyDroidWorld.com they have alot good info. I use rsd and what I sbf I hot from tbh app.
    08-05-2011 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD