Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default My replacement DX will not sbf.

I've had no problem rooting my previous DX along with my girlfriend and friends phones as well. I've also never had a problem when I was on blackberry. I've been to every forum I could find and downloaded and installed so many different RSLite programs along with .340 files. I keep on getting a fail when I try to sbf my phone so I can get it rooted. I've been doing this sort of thing for years and fully read all instructions so I know it's not me. Are the new replacement DX's locked or something? Any help would certainly be appreciated.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: My replacement DX will not sbf.

Nope I just got a replacement. First thing i did was boot up check for GB. Then did a sbf then flash my rooted GB then cm7 and then restored all my apps and finally 30mins later after my phone was set up I called *228 and activated my new X. Check MyDroidWorld.com they have alot good info. I use rsd and what I sbf I hot from tbh app.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,764 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Rsd can be finicky. Try reloading drivers and use a different usb. If rsd sees the x, then it isn't the phone (though if the hardware is borked?) possible, but that would show initially.

why not use the maderstock zip?
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

You can SBF back to FroYo from inside the TBH app? That's the bomb if so.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Nope I just got a replacement. First thing i did their boot up check for GB. Then did a sbf then flash my rooted GB then cm7 and then restored all my apps and finally 30mins later after my phone was set up I called *228 and activated my new X. Check MyDroidWorld.com they have alot good info. I use rsd and what I sbf I hot from tbh app.